Game Genie codes on Nestopia

stebbinsd

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to put in game genie codes into my Nestopia emulator. I'm playing Legend of Zelda, and I want invincibility so that I can just go around an explore the world without having to worry about dying, so I go onto gamegenie.com and find the code AVVLAUSZ.

However, I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put that code in. I go to options > cheats > add, but when I get to the add code screen, there are so many places I can put things in.

I click on the circle that says "game genie," since that's the type of cheat device I'm using. But then it asks for the codes address, value, and compare.

What the fuck?!

Why can't I just copy and paste the code, like in Visual Boy Advance?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
You click the circle that says "Game Genie", Ignore everything else except the box "Game" and "Description" when you are done filling those in, you just submit then you are done. btw, you can copy and paste the code with the old shortcuts Ctrl+C Ctrl+V, I hope I clarified enough. :)

stebbinsd

You click the circle that says "Game Genie", Ignore everything else except the box "Game" and "Description" when you are done filling those in, you just submit then you are done. btw, you can copy and paste the code with the old shortcuts Ctrl+C Ctrl+V, I hope I clarified enough. :)

You didnt.

I cant type in the "game genie" space. It's grayed out.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
To the left of the box there should be a circle. Click it. The box shouldn't be blocked out then.
What version are you running anyway?

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
What version are you working with? If you are currently using the newest version and it is doing that, you might just want to switch to a different emu. Im curious, are you working with a Windows OS or something else?