Pokemon SoulSilver & HeartGold issues

jdubs079

i am new to the whole emulator scene and i am having a few problems, as you might expect... i have been trying to play soulsilver and heartgold on the No$GBA emulator, and everything seems to work fine, until right after the intro where you type in your name etc. what happens, is the game starts to load, and then just stops on the black screen. i can hear the music playing, but nothing else. i have done a little research and it seems that the pokemon games have some sort of sound trigger that makes certain things happen within the game (not the greatest explanation... i know). i'm wondering if this could be the problem? i've tried the same two game files on DeSmuME, and i do not have the same problem that i do with No$GBA. however, DeSmuME runs the game at an unbearably slow speed...

so, basically what i'm asking, is if there's a way to fix these issues on either emulator? i searched around a bit through these forums and didn't find much helpful information. if someone could help me out, or at least point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Lukong

To make DeSmuMe faster:
Config > 3D Settings > "SoftRasterizer", Check "...Edge Making", "...Fog" and uncheck "Unrealistically..." > Okay

Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode choose "Synchronous..." and choose "N" or "Z" or "P" > Interpolation "None" or "Linear"

Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck ?Limit Framerate? > (For faster speed) > Auto Skip or Fixed Skip > Adjust to "1" to "3" or higher [Note: Lower is smooth and Higher is Choppy]

To fix the Pokemon problems [Blackouts & Freezes after battles]
Config > Emulation Setting > Check ?Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution? and Click ?Ok?

Also Keep both NO$GBA 2.6a & DeSmuMe 0.9.7

Last edited:

Lukong

To fix the Pokemon problems [Blackouts & Freezes after battles]
Config > Emulation Setting > Check ?Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution? and Click ?Ok?
Also Keep both NO$GBA 2.6a & DeSmuMe 0.9.7
With the 8MB Debugger Solution use DeSmuMe 0.9.7, Sorry I forgot to say that.

xta74

I am using No$gba emulator and playing pokemon soul silver on it. But when I load it it says:
The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS game card.
Does anyone know what to do about it?

xta74

I figured out that you just have to restart the computer. Anyway now I'm having the black screen problem before someone found out how to do it but didn't mention how. So if anyone knows the solution just reply. (for no$gba)

Last edited:

Lukong

I figured out that you just have to restart the computer. Anyway now I'm having the black screen problem before someone found out how to do it but didn't mention how. So if anyone knows the solution just reply. (for no$gba)
Making DeSmuMe Faster [0.9.7 Frame Skip]
Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck "Limit Framerate", Check "Auto-minimizing skip" > Choose a Frame Skip from "0" to "2"

The Battery Import Option
Run the Game > File > Import Backup Memory > Choose Your ".sav" file

The only other way would probably to Patch Pokemon SoulSilver.

Look I've used NO$GBA and if a rom didn't work on one emulator I would use other, sometimes the reason I would be using another emulator just for a better picture quality. Certain Roms that would run on NO$GBA wouldn't be able to run on DeSmuME and certain roms that did run on DeSmuME wouldn't be able to run on NO$GBA, its why I advise to keep both emulators, but this was back when I had DeSmuMe 0.9.5.

Last edited:

Lukong

I found this on NO$GBA Website. I am so sorry I wasn't being resourceful, but I can't give you the link your going to have to look for. There is a code that stops the Freezing and Save Problems.

Last edited: