Emulator Problem: Configure the Wiimote's tilt and roll to a controller in Dolphin??

Hello I'm new to this site, but have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer for. I recently have been enjoying the wonders of the Dolphin SVN R 4771. I've been having issues with the mapping of the tilt and roll onto either my xbox 360 controller or my generic controller. The config will not allow me to assign my analog directions, but if I set the Wiimote to analog 2 and the nunchuck to analog 1, I am able to produce a slight feedback of the on-screen pointer (the finger thing). I've been playing with the settings for countless hours now trying to find a way to get it to react smooth and not just spin in a quarter circle on screen, or randomly pop up and or jump around aimlessly. :confused: So I guess my real question is; "Is there a way to configure the pointer to a controller without having to go and buy a Wiimote?" I'd really like to continue Mario Galaxy 2 but I can't get the pointer to sit still long enough for me to use Yoshi's tongue, and without that I cant progress any further.

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Extraordinary Nobody

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
no but that author might? I remember I had to update my version and found the new config to be easy enough to figure out.

this is my config for other m
dolphinconfig.JPG

You can look up my buttons here
look under game cube ( fyi: the buttons maybe off set ( I think dolphin button 0 is my button 1 )

Last edited:
Ive seen a few pictures of configurations. My configuration options dont have the IR, Swing, and Tilt options that ive seen in many of these pics. I dont know how to make a pic into a url, but I have a picture of my configuration. My tilt and swing options only contain Wiimote and nunchuck options to set them to analogs, there is also a roll left/right that has a value from 5 - 180 along with a pitch up/down with the same valued option. I guess the version I have isnt that great. I'm thinking that just buying a wiimote and nunchuck would be easier.

i uploaded 3 pics to photo bucket here is the url

analogandbuttons.jpg

wiimotepluginconfig2.jpg

wiimotepluginconfig.jpg

configpic.jpg

closeupconfig-1.jpg

{ edit: ok I removed your 5 posts attempts and put the images in this post for you. That as big as I could get them ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I uploaded 2 new pics at the best resolution that I could manage. I hope this is better. Search my name again on photo bucket. I hope this helps more. I've been playing with some settings and I got the pointer to respond to the mouse, but it dissapears the second you stop moving it around. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

[Edit: yes much better ]
wiimoteconfig2.png

wiimoteconfig.png

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I guess my first question is why do you have it up right? Is that how you play the game? With Other M, I has ti sideways and there was a button combo to go upright. I guess is all depends on the game you want to play.

Also you didnt assign any and vales? Go back to that guide I sent you a do the and values. For example button B has two values. ( this and that ) Also I dont see "hide" that had to be a not value. You really may have to asked the dolphin forums on this. Your layout is a lot newer.

Last edited:
I use the gamepad settings for smash bros as I like to use a gamecube controller. I've only recently tried playing mario galaxy 2 which requires a wiimote. So I set up the wiimote to play galaxy. Everything works fine and runs really smooth with this setup, it's just the pointer that I can't map out. What values are you talking about, and what version do you use because your setup looks a lot simpler, straight forward and easy to use.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Last edited:
It would seem that the first link poster was having the same problem as I am, though they are/were in the first stages that I had already gone through. I'm able to play the game to its full potential, I just can't calibrate the pointer. The 2nd link as you had guessed wasn't that easy as my settings were already like that. I've been getting closer and closer to this actually working. I can get the pointer to work while holding a direction on analog 1 (mapped to right stick) then I can move my mouse cursor around and the pointer will follow my mouse for the most part. I've tried mapping my mouse to my analog with xpadder it seemed to work decently, the only problem I am facing is that the pointer goes away when I let go of the mouse and/or the analog stick when you would think it would just hover in that spot. If you think a video of my issue would help, I can do that as well. I have camtasia and would be more than willing to make a video with my problem if that meant I could get even closer to getting this to work properly.

Last edited:
I think im on the right path, I got the IR pointer configured to be right over my mouse cursor, and I removed the deadzones on the mouse settings. The pointer is working properly now and responding nicely, my character is stuck running in one direction, I'm still trying to tweak the settings a little more but im pretty sure I got the pointer worked out for the moment.

I got everything running to a satisfactory level. I also posted a picture on my photo bucket with the config that I am currently using to play mario galaxy 2. Thank you for all your help. I'm glad I finally am able to continue playing this game. Your the man ulaoulao. I owe you one.

Correctconfig.png