Windows 7 & Emulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironius

So I got a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and I'm wondering if I should install it onto this gaming computer? I'm a believer in the philosophy "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Thing is, lately my mouse has been intermittently not working about every 4-5 minutes or so (could prolly invest a few hours to fix it, I think it's on the software end). It'd also be nice to have 64 bit OS if I should ever decide to go above 2 gigs of ram, and it's always nice to completely wipe a hard drive for a nice, fresh start.

Are there any emulators that Windows 7 won't work with? I plan on emulating some of my Wii games, Gamecube, PS1/PS2, NES/SNES, Sega, and PSP, and would hate to install Windows 7 to suddenly have one of those not working. Also, I'm using a PS3 controller on my computer. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think win7 has reached the point to where emulators are starting to work well. Vista had a few issues, but so far I found win7 is good.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not had any issues running anything on Windows 7. Although if your PC is running 2Gb or less of Ram I wouldn't bother until you've upgraded it, as Windows 7 will eat most of that on its own.

MrPete1985

I have bot had any problems using emus on win7 but if you have win7 64 bit then you want to upgrade to at least 4GB of ram before installing

I have used nestopia, FCEUltra (won't do full screen for some reason), ePSXe, PJ64, PCSX2, gnes32, fusion, ZSNES, SNES9x, VBA, and MAME only one that gives me any problem is FCEU

MrPete1985

I used the web installer in installed everything and still have the full screen problem so I have been using nestopia

Status
Not open for further replies.