Windows 7 x64 and good roms that doesn't works

rakanishu

Hi people, I am here because I have a problem with old arcade roms.

The problem is: I have some valid roms checked with romcenter and clrmamepro, with the lastest MAME (0.142 right now), but mame says the romsets are invalid..., I also tried with Kawaks with the same result, I redownloaded the roms for posible corruptions but with the same result, so I am starting to believe my windows 7 x64 has something to do with that problem, if somebody have/had a similar problem I would appreciate your help.

P.D. romcenter and clrmamepro with their respective dats say the roms are fine, I tried downloading the dats from diferent sources, even building them from the same emulator with no luck.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Running Mame on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit here with no issues whatsoever. The OS wouldn't cause mame to report the rom files as corrupt anyway.
If Mame says files are missing then files are missing. Its possible you've downloaded clone rather than parent roms for the games you're trying. Romcheckers will verify a clone as OK but Mame will still require the parent rom to make that set work.
As a matter of interest what games (and romnames) are you having trouble with?.

rakanishu

I have the parents, even the clone ones have their corresponding parents, the rom manager programs (romcenter and clrmamepro) says the roms are good and have no problems, I simply have no idea what's happening here.

I am no new in this world, I am playing with emulators since the DOS versions of NeoRage and the earliest versions of MAME, I left the emulation for a few years but I want to play again, that's why I feel frustrated by this situation, everything seems to be right but games don't play.

Well i will continue investigating what's happening.

About the games not working all NeoGeo and almost all CPS1 and CPS2 games, and yep, I have the correct bioses.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Only other thing I can suggest is that your source for roms is out of date, despite what romcentre or Clrmamepro are reporting.

What error exactly is mame reporting when you try to run?.

rakanishu

I have been using <<removed>> and <<removed>>, also I had a lot of roms in backups, some games (only a few) works fine, but for the rest, even from the same platform that the ones that works, they don't.

I think I am going to download, a new pack from newest torrents, what you say about the crt being incorrect, even romcenter and clrmamepro says otherwise could be true.

P.D. If someone ask about me having the original roms (alleging me that downloading them is illegal), yep, I had a video game arcade with 6000+ cabinets, but they can't be put inside my room, because they are so many, so I rented a industrial storage room to put them there, and I am using mame to play them..., and nope I don't know how to dump them by myself...

rakanishu

I already posted a reply but maybe isn't gonna be accepted because it contained the link sites I used for downloading roms, so I edit my commentary:

It says the problem is about CRC are wrong, I think I am going to download, the newest pack from torrents, what you say about the crc being incorrect, even romcenter and clrmamepro says otherwise could be true.

P.D. If someone is going to ask me about having the original roms (because he could allege downloading them is ilegal if you don't have them), yep, I had a video game arcade with 6000+ cabinets, but they can't be put inside my room, because they are so many, so I rented a industrial storage room to put them there, and I am using mame to play them..., and nope I don't know how to dump them by myself...

Last edited:

rakanishu

problem solved

You were right people, I was using an old rom backup I had, even romcenter and clrmamepro were telling me all of them were good, they weren't, now I have downloaded a new set of roms and they are working fine.

Thanks for the support.