Project64 ignores all input from XBox360 controller

Empyre

I have the Mad Catz 360 controller that comes bundled with Street Fighter 4 for PC. When I try to configure it in Project64, no inputs register at all. I tried downloading the XBox 360 controller driver from Microsoft, but it made no difference. I tried searching the forums for the answer, but found nothing.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
What plugin do you use? Does the controller show up in the drop down where you select the controller to use?

Empyre

I tried both Jabo's and N-Rage's, the versions of them that came with the emulator. The controller does indeed show up in the drop-down. It is listed as Controller (Street Fighter IV FightPad).

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So the issue is then when you hit a button to assign it? Do both the buttons and analogs not work? Would you happen to know if the joystick shows in the joystick control panel. Or would you know if its a HID(human interface device)?

Empyre

I went to Control Panel to find the answer to your question, and I saw an entry called Game Controllers, which is where the controller is found. In its Properties box, there was a tab for testing it, and it didn't show any input either. On a hunch, I tried unplugging and plugging the controller, and it worked. Now, the inputs register in Project64. Success!

BTW, the controller has no analog stick.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah I find that panel a good way to test controllers. If it does not work there it wont work with the majority of emulators. Good call, looks like you got it. I figure with a name xbox360 that it would have analogs, never heard of it before.

Master_OrHan

That controller is designed to play SF IV, so no analog.

Xbox 360 controller is the greatest investment you can make for a PC controller. All Games For Windows games with controller support use it 100%. It is also one of the best controllers ever created. Glad I have mine along with several other controller types I used with USB adapters.

junior bear

ive just recieved my xbox controller pc adaptor, worked straight away! im getting confused with the plugin map though, on customizing what keys do what etc.

does anybody have any tips of even a file i can use?

Master_OrHan

ive just recieved my xbox controller pc adaptor, worked straight away! im getting confused with the plugin map though, on customizing what keys do what etc.

does anybody have any tips of even a file i can use?

Original Xbox controllers you use XBCD drivers. Xbox 360 you should be able to map in Project 64. Need the MS drivers for that as well.