Emulator Problem: Dolphin is too slow. Obviously.....

Jaxchecker

I know that the Dolphin Emulator is still under construction and all but I just really wanted to know if my system should be good enough or not to operate it.
Basically I just need some opinions on my system's stats. I'm considering ordering a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ processor which has 2.60Ghz (.40 Ghz more then 4200+), so that I could run the emulator better, but I want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up.

My pc:
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.20 GHz 4200+ processor
4.00 Gbs of ram (don't know the speed:T)
PCI-E ATI Radeon HD 4600 with 1 Gb video memory
.....even tho when I go to my properties it says 2271 Mbs of total available graphics memory, which I don't get at all>.<

So if anyone knows more of the emulator's hardware requirements, leave a post?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your specs are fine.

Are you using openGL ?
Did you select the dual core option?
What svn revision do you have?

Jaxchecker

Umm yea pretty sure I got the openGL thingy set. That setting would be found in the configurations under the tab plugins, udder the section graphics in a drop down box right? If so then I has itXD
Yes dual core option is set. It actually was a preset thing that I didn't have to touch at all.
Uh yea "svn revision" don't know what that is... I mostly get my hands in the hard wear side of computers....

Jaxchecker

Oh I think I see what your saying now. I downloaded dolphin 2.0 from the what I would hope is the official web site, http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
I download like 7417 revision and seen no speed differences in speed so I just stayed with 2.0 because its more common.

Maybe I'm expecting too mush of this emulator? It just seems like an average of 50% speed and 15 FPS is a little low for an emulator... After seeing the video on the front page running new super Mario bros perfectly, I get jealous mine is running at 10 fps with 35% speed.