Emulator Problem: Epsxe on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I followed the steps outlined in the sticky for Epsxe but I still can't run it on my laptop. Is there some special steps that I need to run or some other requirements for Windows 7 or 64 bit?

Thanks!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If I remember right, 64bit Windows 7 should be able to run 32bit programs. so, basically, it should be none the more difficult to set up.

This is the error that I'm getting whenever I try to open epsxe:

ErrorEpsxe.png

I too am having difficulty with epsxe and would really appreciate help. I'm running Windows 7 and get the error response 0xc000007b when I try running the emulator. Internet searches aren't really helping since emulator tutorials seem to assume that I can at least interface with the gui but I'm not even getting that far. Dying to play ff8 so if you can help me out thanks!!

Master_OrHan

I too am having difficulty with epsxe and would really appreciate help. I'm running Windows 7 and get the error response 0xc000007b when I try running the emulator. Internet searches aren't really helping since emulator tutorials seem to assume that I can at least interface with the gui but I'm not even getting that far. Dying to play ff8 so if you can help me out thanks!!
I presume you have the exact same error message as ShadowoftheDarkgod. PM him and ask him what he did.

Could have something to do with your video card drivers. Updating to the latest may help.

Games look at least twice as good on ePSXe as they did the original, so you need to get this running ASAP.

There are also custom shaders for FF, give the screen a certain glow.

Last edited:

M.afaqanjum228

I still can't run it on my laptop. Is there some special steps that I need to run or some other requirements for Windows 7 or 64 bit?

Lukong

I googled this same problem here you go.

Plugin:
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77​
Settings:
jfes5w.png

Sorry I didn't look for the actual settings I found...actually I decided to look for it and this is where I got it from. How to get a ePSXe working on windows 7?

Last edited: