Get Your PS2 Emulator Here / If Your PS2 Emulator Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoreira

Hi monpics :

The configuration window of the emulator does not read any *.bin file contained in the \bios\ directory. Is "bin" the correct bios file extension ?
I´ve downloaded a zipped file from driver guide web site with almost 10 bios files, and no one seems to be suitable for the emulator.
I´ve checked in the ini directory where the current configuration is written and the bios directory is correct.

montpics

Hmmm, time to check my files. Be back tomorrow with reports. ;)

montpics

BIOS for PS2
SCPH10000.bin
SCPH30004.bin
SCPH70004.bin
SCPH39001.bin

Note : It really doesn't matter if you rename it as it will detect the CRC of the file to determine that file is a PS2 BIOS file. :cool:

emoreira

Hi montpics :

Now I understand what you mean with unplayable games in PS2 emulation.
The frames go so slowly that is crazy.
Well, the emulator works, but it's just anecdotic.
I was pushed by my son to get this emulator. My PC is a pretty new one with Athlon 64, graphics video card, and 512 mbytes RAM, so I thought that it would run at a playable speed, but not, it's so slow that it's boring.
I've tried with 2 bios files (Europe, 2001 and 2004) but there is no change. I was using the SSE2 version of the emulator. I should try the non SSE, but I think it will go even slower.

goosebump91

ok

Then why people let you download the emulator for if it wouldn't work. -__-
Then I wonder how people make my pc Grandia II disc game works on PC when it's originally a PS2 disc.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ok

The company that made Grandia 2 also made a PC version. They don't use an emulator for that.

hagbard

I bet it's not possible to emulate the PSP on the PS2 at decent speeds or not at all, if that's what you ask.

RED SAGA

then that means....no ps2 emulator or camecube emu....even x box is impossible thing to get....but i belaive in those emu mens...they can do anything...anything

JonJon

Hey, I am trying to run DBZ Budokai 2 on my comp, I can't seem to get the emulator to read the actual disc, or the .iso I made of it :/. Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, I am using PCSX 2-0.8.1.

Last edited:

FFVII Forever

Saqib and refraction a couple of the coders on pcsx2 where talking on another forum about pcsx2 0.9 coming out this sunday which is today depependign on where you are.

As to if this is true not sure but that forum has closed its entire pcsx2 section until the next release.

alexw

I have downloaded Pcsx2 0.9 and then the bios.
And i create a PS2 DVD/CD to a Iso.
But if i start Pcsx2 and open that iso file, its playing only the intro from: Sony Computer Entertainment.
Than its all black. But if hit the ESC the program comes back. But the game itselfs freezes.

Plz help me...

Alexw

emulatornewb

im new to emu and i got some questions for ps2 emu:
-can i play any ps2 games on my pc if i got this emu installed on my comp?
-do i need to download the game from web? or can i use my ps2 games?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
PCSX 2 is starting to show some good signs of emulation but not to the point where you could call it fully playable.

h0n33y

so the bottom line is....no PROPER emu (speed and other stuffs) for ps2/xbox/GC yet???!!!

am I rite or not???

help me here...i'm kinda new on these emu

how about other emu such as n64(which is the best)??
NDS???

gimme some enlightment here fellas....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.