Who loves those good times back in the days of classics? What is your Classic list?

Steroc

N64: Zelda OOT, MM, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario.
SNES: Secret of Mana, FF3, Illusion of Gaia, Brain Lord, Star Ocean, Super Mario world, Megaman X, Lufia, Darius Twin, Joe and Mac 3, Kirby Superstar, Ultima VI
NES: Balloon Fight, Little Nemo the Dream Master,

What are your Favorite game lists for N64, SNES and NES?

The fun I had with these games were seemingly timeless. :) All childhood gamers know that feeling of deep connectivity to a time in their past of little worries brought out by the memory of playing a classic game.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
yeah Steroc I here ya. Nothing brings back that day like loading an emulator, grabbing that original ( still working ) controller and play the game again ( on the tv ). I have a 6 month old son, I cant wait till he is older. I'm going to introduce the consoles to him, like they were to me. That is, until he gets old enough to want the latest and greatest. "Dad, can I get a Xbox, 39933" Oh sure son, the one that injects the needles to your arm to read your neural network...

Ok n64 I only have 2, mario64 and zelda64.
snes I have too many but my main games are; super metroid, battle toads ( battle mania ), and super castle Vania
nes, good lord... metroid for sure, zelda I, blaster master, contra, castle Vania . and pitfall II come to mind first but there are way too many here.

Last edited:
I am a retro gaming madman. I have every game system ever released, and they were purchased new, on release, not years later on ebay when they were obsolete junk. I play retro games as much as I can spare the time, and man some of this stuff holds up incredibly well, even after (in some cases) 35 years. Not to crack on new games, I am totally into them as well.

I am not new to emulation, I've had a modded xbox setup for mame and other emulators since 2003, but recently bought an android device to take my retro gaming jones mobile. So far, I am loving it!

Rogue_Leader

As far as consoles go?

NES: I was gaming on Commodore, Atari and Amstrad machines at this point, so limited: Bomberman, though...:)
SNES: Starfox, Super Tennis, Another World. We used to play AW in a group and one day I realised we'd been playing it for 26 hours without a break.
N64: GoldenEye, Resident Evil (another game we played in groups), Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

Outrider

On the SNES there are toooooo much games to list them all. The long list below is not complete, but some of the games I played like a crazy alone or with friends and family until I was knocked off.

NES: Zelda, Super Mario Bros

SNES: Zelda 3, Final Fantasy 6 (in us known as 3), Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Rock N' Roll Racing, Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Metroid, Unirally (in us known as Uniracers), Super Bomberman 2, Super Mario All-Stars.

N64: Super Mario 64, Wave Race 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, International Super Star Soccer 64.

There are many more games on these systems to recommend and which I played long. But those did not make me crazy such these listed games.

Rodimus Primal

Man this is going to take a while lol.

NES- Super Mario Bros 3. Legend of Zelda. Megaman 2. Castlevania 1. Contra. Dragon Warrior. Bionic Commando.
SNES- Super Mario World. Legend of Zelda A Link to The Past. Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy 4. Final Fantasy 6. Super Metroid. Donkey Kong Country. Diddy's Kong Quest. Secret of Mana. Megaman X. Illusion of Gaia. Super Metroid.
N64- Super Mario 64. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Star Fox 64. Star Wars Shadows of the Empire. Goldeneye. Mario Kart 64. Donkey Kong 64.

I'm sure there are some I left out but these first come to mind.

crystalis

my favorites are
NES:ninja gaiden, megaman 2 ,contra ,jackal, mario bro 3, zelda, castlevania series, double dragon 2, strider, mike tyson punch out.(sorry final fantasy but you sucked on nes)
SNES: ff6, robotrek, chrono trigger , sky blazer, zelda, secret of evermore, breath of fire ,actraiser, doom , mario rpg, lufia 2 (there to many to type )
N64:mario 64 , zelda, gex 64 , goldeneye 64, waverace64, conkers bad furday, ( i wasnt a big fan of 64 only a few classics i like)

zibalba

Those were the good old days! Been trying now for the last month after having successfully modding my xbox v1.4 dash 5960 with SID 5.11 and the splinter cell game exploit to find out about which emulators are for what and a lot of forums are confusing when you are a noob I have to say. Someone did post a very helpful post on isozone that says to try googling it before you do anything
else, (I also buy and play retail games because one must do ones bit to help the big boys that to be fair did put in a lot of hard work creating these amazing creations) but one doesn't always have the time nor the resources to find order and buy these games (the old classics from the past like
golden axe,
dragon ninja,
double dragon,
samurai shodown,
after burner,
toki,
shinobi, etc.)

but there are places where you can find these hidden gems if you so wish. Just not easy and often puzzling as to how the pieces all fit together to make sense( hence the google comment) though more often than not fruitless as the right answers and the right questions are few and far between, however it is at this point that i'd just like to interject with some of my own practical wisdom if you do manage to find what you are looking for make sure you make like a Ninja Gaiden and do it safely and with stealth 2 words : peerguardian and incognito, better safe than sorry, enjoy!

zibalba

Hello AndroidBountHunter I see you mention MAME, I am very keen to find out how you are supposed to get this working, but it depends on which game console you have experience with MAME on and whether or not you mean MAME (Arcade) or MAME emulator, if that makes sense? I don't have a clue what I am talking about as far as MAME is concerned I am a total noob as you can tell and don't know much about this emulation stuff.
I know what it is for and that most emulators if not all will not play a game on their own but if like me you have an original xbox which you do mention then you will know that it should play by selecting the default.xbe file and then selecting the Rom of your choice. However it seem this whole Emu Rom thing is kind of like a lottery draw as most uploaders seem to not put the details of the contents of their zip files like what format it's in and whether or not it contains the much needed xbe file. I dunno maybe half of the uploaders don't know that they have missed out the xbe file or they have uploaded game files/Roms for a different console but put it in the xbox section by mistake and even if they do know one doesn't always know what the heck to do with them once unzipped??? If you have some words of wisdom to set me on the right path (the path of Mame) I would seriously appreciate it, for instance if you know of any very helpful users over at isozone as some of them don't reply at all, not even a hi?
cheers for now hope to hear from you soon:)