Can't get any Final fight rom to work

Just_L

I been trying to get a final fight rom to work but no matter what I do I can't find one that works. I get the same message over and over again, it says I am missing one or more rom or CHD images and I can't find any CHD images for final fight and I tried every rom imaginable and it still don't work.

Robert

Seeing that you didn't paste the exact message, I must guess, but it's more than likely your cps1 bios set is missing or out of date. Find the absolutely latest one and try again.

Last edited:

Just_L

Where can I get the CPS Bios set google is sending me to sights that have ton of pop-ups and viruses.

Sorry I am useing Mame32 and the error message I am getting is
The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images Please select a diffrent game.

Robert

It is not permitted to request roms (includes bioses) on this forum. You will need to get some google-fu.

Just_L

Ok I am sorry for requesting bios. But do you think this is a bios issue? I have the latest version of Mame32 and I never downloaded any bios except the Neo Geo bios.

Robert

Well, there's your answer. You should get ALL the bioses so you don't get the trouble again. Time to start searching!

Just_L

After doing some searching and research I still can't find the bios files. I can't understand why your not allowed to tell me where I can find them? The reason why I am confused about this is because from what I can understand what a mame bios does is it emulates games from certain models of arcade cabinets like the CPS1 bios files emulates Capcom arcade games from the late 80s to early 90s and if I asked how do I get my SNES rom files to run you wold direct me to SNES9x and tell me to use that to run my rom files.

Last edited:

Robert

The rules state that I can't say where to find them.

I'm not going to break the rules just because you cannot find a file that is on hundreds of sites.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
After doing some searching and research I still can't find the bios files. I can't understand why your not allowed to tell me where I can find them? The reason why I am confused about this is because from what I can understand what a mame bios does is it emulates games from certain models of arcade cabinets like the CPS1 bios files emulates Capcom arcade games from the late 80s to early 90s and if I asked how do I get my SNES rom files to run you wold direct me to SNES9x and tell me to use that to run my rom files.

Because the emulators and sites that host them aren't infringing anyone's copyright. Sites offering roms for download do infringe copyright and helping people to access that kind of material from this site would then make this site an accessory to copyright infringement.

Yes they're old games but in the eye's of the law, hosting old arcade or console games is no more legal than offering torrents for the latest PS3 and 360 games.

Live with it.

Master_OrHan

There should be a statute of limitation on a game being illegal to own in ROM form past a certain age. 20 years from copyright patenting sounds good to me. No one is making money off of them anymore except eBay traders and game shops, garage sales here and there. SNES ROMs for example should be public domain. The translations for those games make them playable to American audiences for the first time and some of them are really good.