Emulator Problem: Problem Using N64 Emulators

NGNM85

I have several emulators for Game Gear, GBA, DS, Genesis, and SNES, which work awesome, but I'm having difficulty with N64 emulators. I was unable to install PJ64, so I downloaded Mupen64 and 1964, both downloaded fine and work relatively well until I load a rom. Once I load a rom it seems to play fairly well, it isn't especially slow, etc. (Admittedly, I've only played them for a few minutes.) However, it makes my computer totally lock up. I can move the mouse but I can't open anything, resize the window, anything at all. I tried hitting Esc, I also tried hitting the pause key (F2), which simply stopped the game, but didn't allow me to do anything else. The only way I can get my computer back is to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete and open the Task Manager to shut down Mupen or 1964. I think I have sufficuient hardware; A Dell with Vista and a G333/31 video card w/ 286 MB, a Pentium Dual-Core 2.5 GHz, 4 Gigs of Ram. Clearly, I am not a computer person. Has anybody had this problem, or do you have an idea what the problem might be?

EDIT-SOLVED! Apparently these programs 'lock' the mouse, I discovered how to turn this on and off in the Input settings. Thanks, anyhow!

Last edited: