Emulator Problem: Nebula v2.25b working on 64 bit Windows 7?

RasputinStream

Hi

Just for notice, English isn't my first language and I'm new to the forums so please be nice :)

I have some experience with emulators (mainly with ePSX, Super NES and some 8-bit gear) and I've recently come more and more interested in neogeo games so I decided to try a NeoGeo Cd emulator. After browsing in the internet for some time and not exactly satisfied with arcade games (Mame32) I downloaded the newest version of Nebula I could find and decided to try it out.

After installing Nebula it was time to get those bios files and as far as I've understood they are suppose to be in zip format in roms folder (I have my neogeocd game iso's and cue files along with their mp3's in separate folders in that same roms folder) but after downloading three different versions of neogeo.zip bios, having the neocd.bin in the roms folder and even the games have turned green from red, when opening NeoGeoCD from the "gameslist", the emulator is still giving me the error message:

"neocd.bin, File not found 000-lo.lo, File not found WARNING! Some roms are missing or different Continue?"

I have now tried three different neogeo-zip files and none of them seem to do the trick (I only keep one of them there at a time) so I'm getting the feeling that the problem is not in the bios files themselves but something else is preventing Nebula from actually reading the files. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with Windows 7 or theres something else here which I'm missing out. All help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

salwarkameez

Salwar Kameez
It's always be for windows 7, you should run it as admin in order to work perfectly. It's an built-in security feature specially if the system doesn't recognize the appz you want to use.

Hypershadsy

Sorry for bumping such a dead thread (the rules don't say I can't), but given that it's the first and one of the only results on Google for "nebula neocd.bin not found" and is answered nowhere else I can find, I thought I'd give the solution:

Both neocd.zip and neogeo.zip need to be within the Roms folder before you start Nebula.
000-lo.lo has a CRC of e09e253c
neocd.bin has a CRC of df9de490