Emulator on phone

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
It would help if you could tell us the model of your phone. Depending on what it is it may not be possible to do it.

I know for a fact that there are GBC emulators for Symbian based phones as well for the iphone(requires jainbreak!). We just need to know what you have.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
For at least iPhone you'll need a jailbroken phone, as emulators are not allowed in the AppStore. I'm not sure if the same goes for Android based phones.

These two platforms (Jailbroken iPhone and Android) are likely to have plenty of emulators available though -- just Google them.

capcomtat

If you happen to have an android based phone, you can search in the marketplace for a Game Boy Color emulator. I know of two off the top of my head: GBCoid (3.49) and TigerGBC (Free.) I don't think there's much of a difference between the two except that GBCoid is updated a lot more often.

I play GBC roms on my Droid phone all the time and they run perfectly.

cipollll

My Friend play GBC on his N70.
but he can't remember how he get it. He told me some kind of installer.
I saw some people played on Sony Ericsson too.

I have Nokia 6111 which is quite old and do not have any card slot, only internal 23MB.
Is it possible for me to play GBC on my phone?
The emulator size is not more than 1MB right?

Last edited:

stephenw

Ah...I've tried some of these emulators on my Iphone 3G. The phone spat some crazy code out and basically reset itself. Everything went back to default and most of the memory was wiped. Me thinks I got a virus masking itself as an emulator but I still think it pays to be cautious.