Web Site Feedback

Jay

Sly Little Devil
When I resized the tables it messed up all the headings. The reason I didn't fix it was because I kind of liked it. What do you guys think? As far as everything else you mentioned I'll fix it tonight. Thanks. Glad you like the new go buttons. Google image search kicks ass.

Danny

To make it so it changes with the browser size change this:
<div style="position: absolute; top: 37px; left: 318px; width: 498px; height: 690px">

Get rid of the width, without it the div should take up whats left of the screen:
<div style="position: absolute; top: 37px; left: 318px; height: 690px">

then add a margin on the right side, you don't need to set the height either.
<div style="position: absolute; top: 37px; left: 318px; margin-right: 20px;">

http://members.lycos.co.uk/boldpatch/uploa...z%20Domain.html

It works alright in both IE and Firebird, for me at least.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Thanks man. I'll try it tonight when I make the other changes from above. I'd do it right now, but I'm uploading emulators. :) The turn out of help I've recieved here is fantastic.

Zach

You may want to reconsider the idea of a forums right now. Wait until your site gets pretty popular and then try for one.

The reason I say this is there are so many forums on the net these days they are a dime a dozen. Just look at my forums. No one really posts there.

If you really do want to have forums, you should be prepared to advertise them heavily and spread the word around.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
I've got 10 emulators availble for download now. I also fixed the grammar errors from above. As far as the forums go, I really don't expect anyone to post there right now as I still have the default skin up and there's just not a lot going on. Hell, people may never post on them, but I just don't feel like the site is complete without them. Check out the way I have the downloads set up and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
You spelled grammar and suggestions incorrectly on the news post.

The Atari downloads look nice, except in Firebird the top emulator (A26) table dimensions are different from the rest, along with the very top of the table, the description part. It looks fine in IE though.

Heh, I should have been judging your table dimensions while looking at IE, because it looks much nicer than in Firebird.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
sorry.. that link is no longer live... but I've beengetting somehelp from a good friend and things are looking up.... you guys can check out the new version soon when it goes live... thanks agian for the help

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I think you should lessen the height of the tables that are on both sides of the page, if you do that and get a new banner it should be great.

The tables that say things like "Navigation", "Emulators", etc. is what I'm referring to.

Zach

Hi all.

I have been working with Jay over the past fe days, to rebuild his site structure. I have also been teaching him how to use and manage CSS files and includes and neat stuff like that, so he can manage his web site easily.

The site is shaping up nicely, and you can view the progress at

http://www.gamerzdomain.net/index.php

a lot of the links won't be working right, as jay is rebuilding the pages to teach himself better, so if you click them, you make get the update page instead :)

Zach

Hehe I wouldn't call it progress, all I really did was give him a good idea of how to organize things, and teach him how to manage his two outer frames + make and maintain new pages and use CSS classes

Actually taught him all that in a few hours.

After he gets the site up to speed he'll be ready to launch

we just need to get him a proper logo

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Shut up, it's much better than anything you could do.

Also, you wouldn't know a good website if it bit you in your testicle.