Web Site Feedback

M.H.A.Q.S.

Practice makes perfect, you should go around other sites and see how they manage their sites.

It helps to see things that are more precise than you.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, most web sites are just copies of others. It's a great idea to get inspiration and nick all the best ideas from top sites.

J

Jet Set Willy

Also, if you're going to use gradients, play around in a decent graphics program and make them look nice (less linear).

Zach

Just make sure you don't look at EZ for spelling guidance, har har !

By the by you got a news script setup yet? I was stubborn about it at first myself, and got kicked in the nutts for it later on.

The Hedgehog

Jay, you should make the text font size in the menu bar smaller.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Well, I've posted the new site now, you guys can now veiw it at http://www.gamerzdomain.net/. I've made a small list of things I've changed due to the feedback in this thread. I may have left some things out. As far as the domain name goes, I couldn't changed it now if I wanted to, besides I'm rather fond of it.

1.) The banner has been removed until I get a better one.
2.) The "GO" buttons have been replaced.
3.) The "Navigation Bar" has been replaced with a new one that is still unfinished.
4.) The background has been changed as well as the color scheme.
5.) The fonts have changed.
6.) All grandients have been removed.
7.) The "Navigation Bar" has been moved to be even with the tables to the right.
8.) The site now takes up most of the screen in all resolutions that I've tried.
9.) The word associated has been removed from the notice at the bottom.
10) All KNOWN grammar errors have been fixed.

I'm going to talk to someone tonight about being a partner with me on the site so I can get some help with the style of the page. Hopefully he will get the site looking good so I can concentrate on adding content. I've also thanked you guys in a news post. All three of my visitors will be able to read it ;) .... LOL Thanks agian.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
freeware roms only :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, and thank you. It's nice to finally start to get some positive feedback.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Good job Jay, quite an improvement.

El Fugitivo

Yeah, but the main news table is too big for anyone with a resolution lower than 1024*768 (probably not many people, but some people like their browser to only take up a portion of the screen). Not a major problem, and certainly a subjective one, but just something else for you to consider.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I agree, I was thinking about commenting about lowering the size of the tables.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Yeah, I just walked next door to fix a neighbor's computer. I went to show him the site and his resolution was 800 by 600. It was WAY too big. I'm going to fix that and then I plan on spending the rest of the night uploading content.

ScotchGuy: Perhaps when I get all the bugs out of the graphics and get the content uploaded we could add one another as affiliates? ;)

As usual, thanks for the help.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Ok, I resized the table. Now almost all of it fits onscreen at 800 by 600 and it still covers almost all of the screen at higher resolutions. I hope this will only be a temp solution. I'm going to try and learn how to make the site size it's self in any resolution to fit the whole browser window reguardless of the size of the window. If you know what I mean...

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Centerise the emulators heading. But now it appears that you did that on purpose, if that was the case then nevermind.

I love the new go buttons, they remind me of my theme on my computer.

Also on the emulators page, GameCube is one word, along with Playstation.

On the main page the news heading says:

"November 07th"