• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: bsnes v068

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
This release officially introduces the accuracy and performance cores, alongside the previously-existing compatibility core. The accuracy core allows the most accurate SNES emulation ever seen, with every last processor running at the lowest possible clock synchronization level. The performance core allows slower computers the chance to finally use bsnes. It is capable of attaining 60fps in standard games even on an entry-level Intel Atom processor, commonly found in netbooks.

The accuracy core is absolutely not meant for casual gaming at all. It is meant solely for getting as close to 100% perfection as possible, no matter the cost to speed. It should only be used for testing, development or debugging.

The compatibility core is identical to bsnes v067 and earlier, but is now roughly 10% faster. This is the default and recommended core for casual gaming.

The performance core contains an entirely new S-CPU core, with range-tested IRQs; and uses blargg's heavily-optimized S-DSP core directly. Although there are very minor accuracy tradeoffs to increase speed, I am confident that the performance core is still more accurate and compatible than any other SNES emulator. The S-CPU, S-SMP, S-DSP, SuperFX and SA-1 processors are all clock-based, just as in the accuracy and compatibility cores; and as always, there are zero game-specific hacks. Its compatibility is still well above 99%, running even the most challenging games flawlessly.

If you have held off from using bsnes in the past due to its system requirements, please give the performance core a try. I think you will be impressed. I'm also not finished: I believe performance can be increased even further.

I would also strongly suggest Windows Vista and Windows 7 users to take advantage of the new XAudio2 driver by OV2. Not only does it give you a performance boost, it also lowers latency and provides better sound by way of skipping an API emulation layer.

http://byuu.org/