What is the best PS2 emulator?

I have been looking through and trying PS2 emulators lately and I was wondering if there was a PS2 emulator that could do all of these things.

-Memory Card Emulation
-USB Emulation
-Graphics + Sound (I am aware that PS2 emulator graphics requires powerful PC)
-Full Screen Mode

I have tried PCSX2 but I can't get the virtual Memory Card to work. I am using this console purely for experimental purposes as i'd love to be able to enjoy all the PS2 games on my PC (And there are so many good ones)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator that currently does everything you want and gives playable results on a reasonable number (but not all) of games.

unknownerrors

pirate all things 1's&0's
if you can you'd be much better off with a modded PS2 to play "backups" many games may work but the hassle of changing your emulation settings for every game you play and knowing what settings need to be changed. emulation is only really worth it if you have a beefy computer, and know just what your doing, not for a dabbler.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
emulation is only really worth it if you have a beefy computer, and know just what your doing, not for a dabbler.
and for those that just like emulation. Why does it always have to be about play games for free?

Lukong

I know how to get the best emulator, but I don't think I can post it or the links

Lukong

and for those that just like emulation. Why does it always have to be about play games for free?

Dude who ever you quoted is a Newbie Emulation User [NEU] cause I now people who got some fine computer compared to mines and yet I can play PCSX2 just fine also its the fact that people don't Google the next PCSX2 emulator(I type in PCSX2 0.9.7 and that's how I found it and same with NO$GBA 2.6a]

My Computer Specs
MS Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium M processor 2.00GHz
2.0 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650

Seriously I would Love to tell people, I even made a Tutorial cause people at this other site kept asking about PS2 emulators.

I'm so good at using emulators that I post a list of games I played and like for a joke and made up terms, but I'm a newieee big time when it comes flash cards[I can't afford a DS].
6] SEU - Starter Emulation User: Needs to be taught how to use emulators and decompressing roms.

5] NEU - Newbie Emulation User: Has a lot of simple problems with emulators[Reinsert Cartridge]. Doesn't try to understand or think or even play around with settings.

4] IEU - Intermediate Emulation User: Has advance problems with emulators[Freezing]. Follows Tutorials.

3] AEU - Adept Emulation User: Has very Few problems with emulators[Anti-Piracy]. Plays with settings and knows what settings can do. Thinks outside the box.

2] MEU - Master Emulation User: Has no problems with using emulators. Can hack roms[Patch]. Knows the terms of emulators and its functions.

1] COE - Creator Of Emulation: Has created an emulator, plugins and etc[Need I say more]. Possibly hack roms and can do all and anything with emulators.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm so good at using emulators that I post a list of games I played and like for a joke and made up terms, but I'm a newieee big time when it comes flash cards[I can't afford a DS].
- So people actually pride them self's of this ? It's an application, not rocket science, reading the docs is all you need to do. It is of no surprise if someone can use an emulator, it is the ones that can't figure it out that is surprising. This reminds me of a user named RockmanForte we had once before.

Last edited:

Ryuzo

6] SEU - Starter Emulation User: Needs to be taught how to use emulators and decompressing roms.

5] NEU - Newbie Emulation User: Has a lot of simple problems with emulators[Reinsert Cartridge]. Doesn't try to understand or think or even play around with settings.

4] IEU - Intermediate Emulation User: Has advance problems with emulators[Freezing]. Follows Tutorials.

3] AEU - Adept Emulation User: Has very Few problems with emulators[Anti-Piracy]. Plays with settings and knows what settings can do. Thinks outside the box.

2] MEU - Master Emulation User: Has no problems with using emulators. Can hack roms[Patch]. Knows the terms of emulators and its functions.

1] COE - Creator Of Emulation: Has created an emulator, plugins and etc[Need I say more]. Possibly hack roms and can do all and anything with emulators.

YAY! :D I'm a AEU! ^_^

Lukong

- So people actually pride them self's of this ? It's an application, not rocket science, reading the docs is all you need to do. It is of no surprise if someone can use an emulator, it is the ones that can't figure it out that is surprising. This reminds me of a user named RockmanForte we had once before.

Tell me all about this RockmanForte. The only thing though that puts me in the good graces of the Flash is a link of firmwares.

What the person should look for is PCSX2 0.9.7. The difference between it and PCSX2 0.9.6 is Speedhack. In 0.9.7's speedhack makes the roms run x2 as faster. Though you need to find certain files to make 0.9.7 work.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Tell me all about this RockmanForte.

RockmanForte: He meant well but.. A few words to describe him.
arrogant:
chesty
self-important

The guy came in to the forum much like your self, posting all these how-to's. The began boasting about he is the best at such and such, here is how you do this, stinky this topic and do that. This forum is for people to ask question, not a resource haven of such. Heck most people dont even read the forums let a lone stickies. The best and most helpful posting types are the ones that reply to questions.

Anyways.. So after a few months of this random posting he does his Jerry Maguire does not return. Then one of his comrades start chanting like some sort of encore..

Mots of us just laughed in puzzlement. Thinking to our selves, what? -- who cares... Then it all came out in one topic that there was nothing special about what he did.

Last edited:

Lukong

RockmanForte: He meant well but.. A few words to describe him.
arrogant:
chesty
self-important

The guy came in to the forum much like your self, posting all these how-to's. The began boasting about he is the best at such and such, here is how you do this, stinky this topic and do that. This forum is for people to ask question, not a resource haven of such. Heck most people dont even read the forums let a lone stickies. The best and most helpful posting types are the ones that reply to questions.

Anyways.. So after a few months of this random posting he does his Jerry Maguire does not return. Then one of his comrades start chanting like some sort of encore..

Mots of us just laughed in puzzlement. Thinking to our selves, what? -- who cares... Then it all came out in one topic that there was nothing special about what he did.

Sorry, but I the ranks were just an idea...I thought all of you are just a like, I thought this place is where people who know about emulators come here and just talk.[I'm calm]

I am very sorry. I didn't mean to upset you[I'm sad], I did mean to brag I didn't mean to boast, but I'm like butternut squash on your breakfast toast and so are other people, but I don't know what everyone else knows.[I'm happy]

I'm not psychic so I say what I say and let you compare with what you know, but I guess your one of those people who are either jealous or just someone who can't tell when people are sharing there knowledge.[I'm upset]

If you can't stand what I'm saying then why don't you come up with a tutorial for getting a PS2 emulator and a good one.[I'm angry]

[I'm sorry]

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Lets just put it this way...

If an old lady is crossing the road with a crutch, it would not be unusual for someone to help her.

If a strong stalky fella crosses the road and you try to help him, you might be looked at funny ( or even get a black eye )

If you put up a sing " I will help you cross the road" You might get questioned by the local police.

My point is, you may help one out of thousands of people by blasting you knowledge and pushing it on others. In so, your going to annoy the rest. If someone wants something, its worth putting some effort in to it. Your signature is more then enough. Forums are not for advertising your knowledge, they are for sharing it. If your knowledge is not needed, dont offer it.

Last edited:

Lukong

So are I guess I shouldn't help anyone with there emulator problems,but I hope you do cause the first thing people don't see is the readme.

Also I know a dude who's like the Brawly Strong man who need didn't look like he need help across the street,but I helped him by giving him one of 1.0GB Rams cause that strong man fixed/rebooted my computer with its precious files so my RAM = 1.0GB and still the knowledge I hold is much more important than what I've lost.

The guy who fixed my computer restored the knowledge I give to others a purpose also I still can play PCSX2 0.9.7 on a computer with only 1.0GB RAM.

So unless I sound arrogant or like most people who need help then I guess I should keep sounding arrogant/helpful.

I am advertising help same way this site does for others.

It was this site and that guy who fix my computer who told me about emulators and provided.

So if I've become a AEU cause someone thrust there arrogant/knowledge onto me...
I must let others know how I feel, that if there is a will, there is a way to get free gaming

And I made up the saying "Do you Flash or Emulate?" when I was helping people with there emulators cause I can't afford Flash cards and neither the actual DS.

My Father gave me this laptop so I guess seeing as I haven't paid for this myself I should put it to good use and that guy I was talking about doesn't have a good laptop as mines.

Also I introduced a whole bush of people to emulators and one of them asked if you can get PS2 emulators, I said "I don't know" cause I never tried.
Cause I haven't been able to tell them I got a PS2 Emulator and working(We only meet at the library and its being rebuilt) so feel by spreading the PS2 emulator all over the internet hoping that person finds it.

I also promise to teach another friend everything about emulators, but cause I live with a person who will not let me go outside just to go visit a friend...there suck with not that much.

Last edited:

shinya2104

THIS GUY>>>
My Laptop Specs
MS Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium M processor 2.00GHz
1.0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650

Sry to be an asshole,but you Child are soooo full of shit. Laptops cannot emulate ps2 games good at all, especially with your specs. onboard Geforce 6150go and 1GB of ram? Lay off the weed ok lol.
My old layout was amd phenom Dual core 4GB's ddr2 ram and 2 geforce 280's, and the ps2 emulator worked ok but it stuttered here and there, and some games just ran to slow. I upgraded to a quad core and 16gb of ram and the emulator plays the games real nice with a hiccup with some games. I bet a 6core processsor will have the games runniing almost flawless. Been messing around with emulators over 10 years, and ps2 about 2 years. In my opinion you need serious cpu power and ram to run the games smoothly. The guy I quoted seriously is full of shit.

Last edited:

FoxeR

THIS GUY>>>

Sry to be an asshole,but you Child are soooo full of shit. Laptops cannot emulate ps2 games good at all, especially with your specs. onboard Geforce 6150go and 1GB of ram? Lay off the weed ok lol.
My old layout was amd phenom Dual core 4GB's ddr2 ram and 2 geforce 280's, and the ps2 emulator worked ok but it stuttered here and there, and some games just ran to slow. I upgraded to a quad core and 16gb of ram and the emulator plays the games real nice with a hiccup with some games. I bet a 6core processsor will have the games runniing almost flawless. Been messing around with emulators over 10 years, and ps2 about 2 years. In my opinion you need serious cpu power and ram to run the games smoothly. The guy I quoted seriously is full of shit.

I actually made an account just to mention how much of an idiot you sound like. You feel you needed to upgrade to 16GB of memory just to run a PS2 emulator decently? What a troll. Stating you can't run it smoothly with a 280 SLI 2 way is also bullshit.

Any old decent rag can run a PS2 emulator. The previous poster is just posting what he has, no need to assume you know if he can run it or not.

Last edited:

sobe987

I actually made an account just to mention how much of an idiot you sound like. You feel you needed to upgrade to 16GB of memory just to run a PS2 emulator decently? What a troll. Stating you can't run it smoothly with a 280 SLI 2 way is also bullshit.

Any old decent rag can run a PS2 emulator. The previous poster is just posting what he has, no need to assume you know if he can run it or not.

Umm What exactly is this "old decent rag" you refer to ? last I check pcsx2 was not able to emulate the ps2 100% yet... not even close. the dev team that are developing the emulator can't even claim what you've claimed. and you're calling other people idiots?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Lukong, the point when way over your head.

last I check pcsx2 was not able to emulate the ps2 100% yet
What?

For god sake, where do we get these guys?

1) 100% , this is sort of a oxymoron with emulation. Very few even get 100%.
2) I play many games on the pcsx2, including guitar hero, and that has to be timed very well to play it.
3) You do know there is a revision based release for pcsx2 right?

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/

Get with the times dude.

Last edited: