What is the best PS2 emulator?

shinya2104

About FoxeR <<<<<<<<<DOUCHEBAG
Computer hardware
q6600 @2.8GHz
8BG DDR3 1333 Memory
9800GTX 2 way SLI
Gender Trans-sexual.

I actually made an account just to mention how much of an idiot you sound like. You feel you needed to upgrade to 16GB of memory just to run a PS2 emulator decently? What a troll. Stating you can't run it smoothly with a 280 SLI 2 way is also bullshit.

Any old decent rag can run a PS2 emulator. The previous poster is just posting what he has, no need to assume you know if he can run it or not.

Umm What exactly is this "old decent rag" you refer to ? last I check pcsx2 was not able to emulate the ps2 100% yet... not even close. the dev team that are developing the emulator can't even claim what you've claimed. and you're calling other people idiots?

Good first post Foxer you made yourself look stupid, and someone other than me got t oyou before I did lol. Sounds to me like you hating on me or something lol cause maybe you run a rag shit box and to you the emulator don't perform the way you want. I never bragged nor do i need to brag to a bunch of online people i neither know here. I explained what I had before and what I have now. How much of a difference the emulator performed with the upgrade in cpu and maxed ram. Like I said the games I played on it emulated quite good and smooth. Read up on the Pcx2 it don't perform too well on intel chips or ati cards. The emulator can't run good at all on a laptop especially with the specs that moron posted,and thats a fact. Also Foxer you little troll, Sli is useless with emulators,and can run just fine with 1 card, if you didn't talk out your ass you would know it is raw cpu power that is needed. The more cpu cores and are unlocked determines how smooth it plays. You made yourself look like a total moron. You are a such a joke you had to make a post...bitch pls you are a total douche. Look at your specs lol good cpu decent ram and 2 shitty cards that are way out of date in sli mode is a fucking joke.

Last edited:

Miss Aya

@Shinya2104: I just signed up because I saw your post and thought about how much of a douche you sound like. Seriously, do you have to swear in every sentence just to get your point across? If you don't care about "a bunch of online people" then why are you insulting them like they've offended you? LOL.

ANYWAY, I was looking at this thread solely to find out if my computer would handle emulation (I don't have a great system at all). I'm going to try it out anyway just to find out whether you need all of that fancy ass hardware as Shinya2104 puts it.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
na, just a dual core. People over reacting with emulation is normal, and annoying.

Last edited:

frankieanime

Well... I need some help too, i'm pretty good with this stuff. But not sure how to work this PS2 emulator, I got the one everyone says is good, the PXSC2 or whatever... I use DeSmuMe and VBA and Project 64, but have NO idea what to do with PS2 emu's... I know how to mount an ISO image file to a disc, I do that with OS systems and stuff. Message me on here if you can help, where do I get roms etc
Is my computer good enough?
Hp G60-549DX
4 Gb Ram
Dual Core
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Please help thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I can only extract two questions from this post.

where do I get roms etc
Is my computer good enough?

1, That is not permitted here. Find another forum to ask this one.
2, You didnt mention the video card or cpu speed. My guess is yes it would be good enough to play the games that are emulating well enough to play. Speed is always a concern and the faster the cpu the better.

demz05

Hey guys Just posted something a while ago about this thread... I think I did something wrong because it didn't appear... I was kinda hoping if you guys can check if my system is good enough for PS2 emulator...I'm not good at computers so go easy on me...I'm using an HP notebook by the way...

System Info:

Intel(R) Atom(TM)
CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
1.60 GHz. 0.99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

I don't know which is which so I just copied what it says on Properties of My computer

also for additional details I also checked the device manager... hope it will help

Device Manager:

Display Adapter: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Processors: Intel(R) Atom(TM)CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
Intel(R) Atom(TM)CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz

Thanks....

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You had a dup post I fixed that for you...

An atom is not going to emulate ps2, sorry. You need a 2 or better GHz and at-least sse2 or even better sse3. Since you have an atom I'm guessing its a laptop or hand held? Laptops can be fine for emulation but you need a top end one.

Lukong

Sorry, I get everyone's frustration, but Its not the emulator's speed, but my patience is sometimes with me. So no matter how slow that emulator runs [5-18%], I still get to play the game.

People tell me I'm weak when I do things or the knife I use is too dull, but when I use Tachnique instead of Blaming the Tool, or Using my Strength, I get the job done.

Here's bits of a Moral.
1. One must blame themselves first in the Situation, because even if it is or not your fault, you are apart of the solution to your problem. In doing so you believe in change, nothing you need is impossible and anything you would like becomes possible.

2. There is a difference between Hard and Easy, Simple and Difficult.
Work Hard for something and execute the plan Simply, Take the Easy way and the plan becomes Difficult to do.

3. There is a difference between Want, Would Like and Need.
The 'Want' is something you don't have to have, the 'Would Like' is something you want & could have and the 'Need' is something you must have, should have or need to have.

4. In every 'Situation' [The Event, What Happened], there is a 'Problem', 'Solution', 'Obstacles' and 'An Objective/Result'
The Problem Needs to be solved.
There are many Solutions to solve the Problem.
Obstacles that you work around and stops you from using your Solution, having to use another solution, but if it stops you from getting to your Result/Objective then its becomes a Problem.
The Objective/Result is what you need, would like or want in the end or How you want to solve the Problem.

Last edited:

Lukong

THIS GUY>>>

Sry to be an asshole,but you Child are soooo full of shit. Laptops cannot emulate ps2 games good at all, especially with your specs. onboard Geforce 6150go and 1GB of ram? Lay off the weed ok lol.
My old layout was amd phenom Dual core 4GB's ddr2 ram and 2 geforce 280's, and the ps2 emulator worked ok but it stuttered here and there, and some games just ran to slow. I upgraded to a quad core and 16gb of ram and the emulator plays the games real nice with a hiccup with some games. I bet a 6core processsor will have the games runniing almost flawless. Been messing around with emulators over 10 years, and ps2 about 2 years. In my opinion you need serious cpu power and ram to run the games smoothly. The guy I quoted seriously is full of shit.

Question were you using PCSX2 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 because I remember bringing up a similar conversation up with another person and they were blasting PCSX2, but when I asked what version, they said it was 0.9.5.

Its like people who mistake NO$GBA GBA emulator for NO$GBA DS emulator. In the Situation an emulator will not run because of missing software and Hardware could help with other things like RAM, CPU & Graphic Card Drivers, but it all starts with Oneself and how they choose to change the Problem into a Solution or Solve the Problem. It may not be the emulator that needs to be fast, but the Patience of the User Agent should be stead fast because
All of the Work has already been done by the Inventors of Emulation, Developers of Software, Game Developers, Computer Engineer Technicians, Manufacturers, Retail Stores, Delivery Trucks/Airplanes/Boats, Miners, Plastic Sculptures, etc and all we had to do was Download and Play unless you had to Upgrade/Buy your Hardware.

Also its very sad when you said DDR2 which to me sounds like you got a Desktop which may = Your Not Mobile...unless you have a Flash Drive or DDR2 is also used in Laptops.

Anyways I also came to post this, if the "Blue >>" button is click on it would lead to 2 solutions this one is if the First doesn't help.
x5useu.png

I was trying to play DEF JAM - Fight for New York and was getting large blacks columns, so of course I tried different plugins I found out there is another plugin and I think this setting that the other GS plugin I suggested didn't have may be able to solve your problem.

Try This Plugin
GS: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
-Settings-
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware) OR: Direct3D9
Interlacing (F5): None [Note: Its for shaking & etc]
-D3D Internal resolution (can cause glitches)-
Original PS2 resolution : Checked
-Hardware Mode Settings-
Allow 8-bit textures: Checked
5k1st5.jpg

Do do not be afraid to change the resolution settings because it maybe that the "Allow 8-bit textures" options is what allowed me to see the menu. Uncheck Native > or Use Scaling: Choose "Custom" > Enter in Pixel by Pixel to change Resolution [640x640, 800x600, 1024x768, 640x480, etc]

Last edited:

Lukong

pcsx2 is almost at v1.0 thought i would add my limited knowledge on the subject.

Dude I was just looking on the Official Site of PCSX2 looking at the Compatibility and I saw this
Drakengard 2 | SLUS 21373 | U | PS2 | Playable | 0.9.8
Drakengard | SLUS 20732 | U | PS2 | Playable | 0.9.8
DreamMix TV - World Fighters | SLPM 65384 | J | PS2 | Playable | 0.9.8
Drive to Survive | SLUS 21109 | U | PS2 | Playable | 0.9.8
Driver - Parallel Lines | SLUS 21271 | U | PS2 | Intro | 0.9.9

And then I googled it, but can't say, but when you see it you'll know what to do

And then I was like this
bloo.gif

Last edited:

tati

you see the best one is pcsx2 0.9.8 because pcsx2 0.9.6 does do ok in speed put not in graphics and it has lots of errors and 0.9.7 does not do full screen easily but the problem with 0.9.8 is IT IS TO SLOW!!!! I have been looking in every video put can not find the sloushon to it it lags in digimon world data squad and dragon ball z infinite world I AM SO MAD i am a very great fan of dbz but it does not work sorry i was not much help if you know how to fix the laging in pcsx2 0.9.8 then please write it down in this thread thank you;):

vilecrasher

Sorry... I'm a newbie here... Just wanted to ask, I checked the official PCSX2 site, lately I'm in for classics, and I chose this:

SLUS 21735 U PS2 Playable 0.9.8

It's specs for Mana Khemia, and here I got in my PC:

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU
E7500 @2.93 GHz
2.93 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM
PAE
VGA : None, currently being repaired >.<, so the graphic work is built-in, or such.

Can I play Mana Khemia on PCSX2 0.9.8? Just to make sure, thx.

vilecrasher

Oh... Alright... I had 9800 GT but the stabilizer's been broken... Guess I should just wait for it, then. Thx again :) :thumb_up:

J-Sime

I have a ati radeon hd 4250 video card and with a dual core... anyone knows how to suit settings so that i can make games "playable"?

Lenteja

Dude who ever you quoted is a Newbie Emulation User [NEU] cause I now people who got some fine computer compared to mines and yet I can play PCSX2 just fine also its the fact that people don't Google the next PCSX2 emulator(I type in PCSX2 0.9.7 and that's how I found it and same with NO$GBA 2.6a]

My Computer Specs
MS Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium M processor 2.00GHz
2.0 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650

Seriously I would Love to tell people, I even made a Tutorial cause people at this other site kept asking about PS2 emulators.

I'm so good at using emulators that I post a list of games I played and like for a joke and made up terms, but I'm a newieee big time when it comes flash cards[I can't afford a DS].
6] SEU - Starter Emulation User: Needs to be taught how to use emulators and decompressing roms.

5] NEU - Newbie Emulation User: Has a lot of simple problems with emulators[Reinsert Cartridge]. Doesn't try to understand or think or even play around with settings.

4] IEU - Intermediate Emulation User: Has advance problems with emulators[Freezing]. Follows Tutorials.

3] AEU - Adept Emulation User: Has very Few problems with emulators[Anti-Piracy]. Plays with settings and knows what settings can do. Thinks outside the box.

2] MEU - Master Emulation User: Has no problems with using emulators. Can hack roms[Patch]. Knows the terms of emulators and its functions.

1] COE - Creator Of Emulation: Has created an emulator, plugins and etc[Need I say more]. Possibly hack roms and can do all and anything with emulators.
Are you retarded?