Pokemon Soulsilver Question

Controlpannel

The Lost
About a month ago, i managed to find an English Soulsilver Rom, and got it to work to a degree. I've read a bit and know that the main cause of crashes and black screens is supposedly due to an AntiPiracy feature implemented into the game. Theres also a bit of slowdown as well.

I've been running it on DeSmuME, I'm just past the 5th gym, and i've been pondering something.
Is a nintendo WiFi connection, or a Build in Emulator linking feature for either DeSmuME or any other emulator out there? If so I might have a reason to EV train my Pokemon and use them competitively rather than just have them sit an rot till i can actually afford a DS+SS and restart the whole game.

I'm also a rather bad typist, Don't bother me about it, half of you can't type either. :)

Controlpannel

The Lost
Also, please redirect any HG/SS questions to this post, I can probably help with them.
I played the originals so many times, its hard not to remember the best team to sweep the game with.
I can also provide a bit of update on the workings of the Anti-Piracy program that was implemented and when it might be/is cracked.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
So far, there is still nothing like that for NDS emulation, though a few emulators are in the process of linking 2 running NDS games on the same computer. We can only hope that there will be a break through sometime soon. :]

Controlpannel

The Lost
Hm, well I would label this kind of odd, as i have seen a battle commentator on youtube (Haydunn) who has not only received battles, but has battled through a wifi connection and uses an emulator to do it. :confused: As of current, we're trying to get him to say how he does it. Other than that, thanks for the info as to the linking.

Controlpannel

The Lost
Update: turns out it was just the memory/save so he could use his capture card and then record voice overs.
Also it seems that nintendo is cracking down on sites that previously had available downloads for HG/SS and there are no working versions. I do not recomend searching for them or the patches for them as the sites are being monitored very closely.