Pokemon Soul Silver (U) rom problems!

Yoshi 3000

Okay, so I'm using an R4, and I downloaded the US rom of Pokemon Soul Silver. The problem is that the game freezes every once in a while. Usually in transitions to and from battles and stuff like that. But sometimes, it just seems like it does it randomly.

I heard the Japanese rom had the same problem, but that someone made a fix for it. Cuz I know that the japanese rom works great.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to fix this problem on the US rom as well. If someone knows or have heard anything, please tell me! Thank you so much.
Oh, and I'm not really experienced when it comes to stuff like this, so if the answer's really obvious, don't make me feel bad about it, okay? =P

Anyway...
Thanks and bye. =)

Uber1

^ No, that would solve nothing, Alexander. If you read Yoshi's post better, you'd clearly see he isn't having the black screen problem.

Sadly Yoshi, this IS a problem that is still unsolved. There is no fix available yet that stops the random crashes for Soul Silver OR Heart Gold, and as far as I know, it doesn't matter which language/region your game is; they're all broken if you're playing on emulator. Either there needs to be a patch made for the game, or the emulators themselves to solve the problem.

I have the exact same problem, as does anyone else trying to play this on emulator (I mostly get completely random crashes like you, but trying to save the game causes me problems too). Many out there are working on fixing this, and some talented folk have it partially solved resulting in much fewer crashes... but they're far from perfect at the moment. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Uber1

Wrong again. That code ONLY fixes the black screen freeze at the very start of the game. Any crashes that occur after that are still going to happen just the same; completely unrelated to the black screen fix/code. And again, if you're playing SS or HG on any emulator (and you play long enough), you're going to get random crashes until a true fix is released.

A number of people on youtube are claiming they have a 100% crash-free fix for the American version roms up for download, but they're all hoaxes and viruses. Be sure to keep away from these files.

And no offense Alexander, but giving advice on a topic you aren't familiar with and spreading misinformation doesn't help anybody.

TechnoChris

I sure hope they get a fix on this quite soon, So far I can't even MAKE saves, Much more have problems with the crashing upon save.
The ".sav" file just doesn't even show up when I make saves, Spent like 5 hours getting the first 8 badges or so, And when I loaded the game back up .. It was on a new game, Pissed me off pretty bad. lol.. And does anybody know of a legit US rom in all english?

lemonhihi

Hey there.... It seems that I have the problem too.. But I not sure it is freezing or what.. Is a micro wave failure.
But after I download no$zoomer on my no$gba.. No problem at all.. BUT after for sometime a rom crash problem came out, so I am not sure is this the problem all people facing or wat??

Uber1 I don't have any crashes with no$zoomer and that blackfix code probably the copy of your rom is corrupted or something. although try this code it might work.

It's easy. ID is listed on page 84 now. And the cheat too. And this is how it looks in my cheat.db

;Game ID: IPKE 4dffbf91
;Pokemon Heart Gold(U)

[Anti Freeze]
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

this page is the sourse http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.msg659429#msg659429

If this code fix your problems please click on my star to give me more reputation.

Last edited:

TechnoChris

Alexander, Could you provide me with Links for the exact emulator you use, And the same rom? I'd like to give your exact copy a shot, Obviously multiple ones I've tried won't save .. And that's like, The ONLY problem .. Except when I got .sav files from others, And tried loading them, And when I clicked on the continue game option the "rom-image has crashed" error came up.

Quirky

This might help...

Working on the Following Cards without Freezes:
Save often just in case.
- CycloDS w/ Firmware 1.58B2
- Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.6RC1
- Edge/iEdge w/ Firmware 1.9
- Supercard DSOnei w/ EOS Sp1 and the Firmware patch here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5630-1-1.html
- M3/G6 DS Real w/ Firmware 4.8X
- M3i Zero w/ Firmware 4.8X
- EZFlash Vi w/ Firmware RC14

Runs but Freezes (at set intervals based on actions) on the Following Cards/Emulators:
- R4i SDHC (RTS) w/ Firmware 2.6f

- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64
- No$GBA using the following codes:

No$GBA Instructions.

Code: [Select]
Pokemon HeartGold (U) black screen fix code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

- Supercard Lite (Slot 2 card)
Rom patched with Super Card utility on PC.
Settings -
Use soft reset
Real Time Save enabled
Saver Patch
Cheats Disabled
Compress disabled
- M3 Pro/Lite (Slot 2 card)
Arm7 Patch on ROM
Settings -
1xDMA
Force R/W
Trim Rom
Soft Reset

- DSTT w/ Firmware 1.17a07 (Reported Freezing)
- DS One w/ EOS SP1 (Reported Freezing)
- R4 (Reported Freezing)
- All reported R4DS cards and clones (Reported Freezing), although, there have been some reports that the latest 1.31 firmware works.
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 (Reported black screens after name selection)

Source: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0

EchoAlpha

Alright. I'm very new to ANYTHING emulator related.
I'm using DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 and using the Pokemon SS (U) from Xenophobia.
My issue is regarding the speed of the gameplay. During 3D portions of the games.. such as walking aorund in towns or what-have-you, the gameplay seems to be ultra-slow. When I enter a building or encounter wild Pokemon, the gameplay is of, what I consider, average rate-of-play.
I was wondering if this was a fixable issue or possibly a setting I may have to change to bring this game up to speed? I understand that these thing are flawed but the speed is just ridiculous.

Thank you.

Controlpannel

The Lost
I get the slowdown as well at times, as for the freeze ups however i may be able to shed some light upon them. I've read in a few forums and on alot of the pre-game-download info that there is some sort of Anti-Piracy feature built into the game's programing, i'd assume to prevent making it into a rom. Also i've read it hasn't been cracked or avoided yet, so until then we may just be out of luck.

Alexander, Could you provide me with Links for the exact emulator you use, And the same rom? I'd like to give your exact copy a shot, Obviously multiple ones I've tried won't save .. And that's like, The ONLY problem .. Except when I got .sav files from others, And tried loading them, And when I clicked on the continue game option the "rom-image has crashed" error came up.

I use no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 as emulator

Migelino64

Ive been recently having the same problem.

Alexander, your code doesn't fix the problem. All it does is permanently show a black screen and reduce performance of the ROM.

Quirky, I'm using that code at the moment and it doesn't fix the freezing issue, just the black screens.
Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

I'm still getting random freezes on transitions/battles where the transition action doesn't appear and some NPC models disappear. Anything to help with this? Sick of getting to an area and it freezing up on me when I forget to save.

SPEAGLES

I have a problem with the emulator as well. I've played through a couple of different Pokemon (have to relive the days of my childhood! :happy: ), but every time I beat the Elite Four, and I have to restart the game, it only puts me back to where I just saved. I assume it has something to do with the fact that I'm not saving in-game with the emulator, but rather saving all of the information about the current game, almost like simply putting it on pause.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

I appreciate any responses, and please take into consideration that I'm rather computer-illiterate. I may have to ask for some patience when you go about helping me.

Thanks again.

jarik

Migelino64 i think that you are doing something wrong in you're options then becouse it is fixing a black screen problem at the begin of the game i don't know you're getting freezes becouse i never had that....

Imamzpk

i know how to fix that you must download an fresh SS or HG rom and dont cheating if in the first user before you already cheating in these roms that cant work
i will get the fresh rom from my friends and i will upload it

Last edited:

conrad015

damn this rom file it really automatically closes on some point but at least I reach violet city :)...anybody find the solution to this problem??:verysad: