Emulator Problem: Game won't start

Alfie

Hi,

I'm new to emulating and I got myself the Fusion 3.6 emulator to play Sonic.

I read the newbie guide here: http://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/emuhelp_kfusion.htm#firsttip

But still I can't make it work...

First, I want to create a game iso of the sonic game. I have a 7z-folder called 'Sonic The Hedgehog.7z'. In here are all .gen files. I extract this .7z to a folder with those files. Then I turn this folder into a .iso with PowerIso.

Second I start the Fusion emulator. I define the keys. I set the three downloaded BIOSes. I click file>load megacd image. Then I go HAPPY seeing the old interface and hearing the old genius sounds. But then I got disappointed because it keeps saying: press reset to open CD tray and that there is no disc in it. I just loaded it...

I did try to use the forums and search, but I had no idea what to look for. I used google and other powers to get where I now am. I hope you can help me.

Kind Regards,
Alfie

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The rom you've got shouldn't be converted to an ISO and never came on CD. You have an image of the Sonic Cartridge for the Genesis (because the filename is .gen which fusion will run directly).

If you're looking for Sonic CD for the MegaCD/SegaCD then you've got the wrong file.

jalo0

I have a problem to start Sonic Colors. The emulator just turns out a yellow window and some text in the up when I open the game

jalo0

and a surprising thing is that when I turn the game to .ISO file it goes into a rar file which I cannot open. I am not very good in computers. Can anybody help me?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its probably not working because you're trying to pirate current commercial software. This site is about emulation not copyright theft of games you can still buy in the shops.