Issues with Final fantasy IX

WaffleMan

I've read on here already, and the solution is apparently using the special fixes box. Now the thing is I've done that, and I am using Pete's Open blah blah. I also clicked the FF 9 battle box in the special fixes, yet it still will not show the names, health, action select, ect.

Could there be another problem, or is it just a bad ISO?

WaffleMan

I'm Using windows XP, as for my GPU for my system I have no idea, but for the Emulator Pete's open GL. Would it be my graphic's card that's giving the problem, because everything else works just fine. And i'm using epsxe 1.52

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
First things to try are using the latest version of the emulator (1.7) and try a different Graphics plugin. Also as a litmus test try running it on the PSX emulator. If there's no issue running it on PSX then its soething you should be able to solve by changing the plugin or settings, if you have the same problem on PSX then its more likely to be an incompatibility with your hardware or a dodgy ISO.

roxas88

I've been playing ff9 on version 1.7 and had the same problem when I first started. I'm using Pete's PSX D3D Driver 1.75 and the solution that worked for me was to go to configure, and under compatibility change the Off-screen drawing to 3: Enhanced. It worked fine after that. This should work for the OpenGL drivers as well, at least as far as I know. Hope this helps.