Should I start banning people who claim to have 360/PS3 emulators?

YES OR NO

• YES

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • NO

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukong

No due to the fact that every person computer might be different and that the emulator that person invented could work on the certain Cpu chips, graphic cards, .Net frameworks or even the operating systems they have

It could be the anti-virus or the fact that the user isn't admin that makes you unable to run the program.

For example you need .Net Framework 2.0 to play a PS2 Emulator.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your point ceases to be relevant for one fact.

There are no 360/PS3 emulators. If no one can emulate these system how can computer software be a factor?

SEVENFOOTSWORD

When will we have 7th gen emulators for the ps3/360?

What are some of the main things that so hard to emulate?
I'm guessing one main factor is that cell processor. (didn't read whole thread only first page lolz)

My vote is sure. Why lie?

What about overclocked hardware?

Yeah I see a new trend on protect IP for a while... giving out 3x next generation hardware so it can't be emulated by the public therefore keeping a steady revenue coming in ALL THE TIME. (my uninformed guess lol)

Also would it be possible to emulate a 360 inside of a modded/hacked ps3 using its power etc?(edit: Possibly not enough ram lolz -- another uninformed guess).

Last edited:

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Todays machines could technically run PS3 and 360 games, but not on an emulator and anyone writing code that simulates rather than emulates (which is the only way to achieve it) would be sued off the face of the earth by Sony/M$.

I understand the reverse engineering and what not... and damn I want to learn assembly to do it!

But why would they get sued for making a simulator? I'm completely lost on that one? What's the difference in a simulator and emulator breaking the law?

Also, wouldn't it be free?

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
is thurr a Wii U emul8or?

DB81397

YES! :D
According to what I know, some computers can be used as a gaming moniter for 360s and PS3s (basically, shove your HDMI cord in the right hole and do some configuring and you'll know what I mean).

Or... Maybe I'm wrong...?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
There will come a time though where we will have some legitimate emulators for these systems, and who are we to deny them a chance to show off their build if it is legit? I say lets just let it be.

Ness

No computer from these times have the power to emulate these systems, thus they have problems emulating original xbox and ps2, how the hell would they even run newer gen.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I understand the reverse engineering and what not... and damn I want to learn assembly to do it!

But why would they get sued for making a simulator? I'm completely lost on that one? What's the difference in a simulator and emulator breaking the law?

Also, wouldn't it be free?

Its all about Copyright. An emulator 'emulates' what a console or computer does but using completely different techniques to achieve the same result, a simulator simply utilises, copies or modifies the existing console technology and/or code which is a breach of copyright, patents and IP. Anyone doing that would be sued off the planet by the console manufacturer.
This is why modern emulators that require a BIOS file because there's no way to emulate the BIOS (which is subject to copyright as its protected code) don't come with the BIOS built in, people are supposed to supply their own bios from a legitimate source. If the emulator authors included it with the emulator they could be sued for infringement and their emulator would be taken down.

Zansa777

I kid you not, I just registered for this forum JUST to reply to this (maybe I could've replied anonymously idk oh well) anyway, no you should not ban them because idk about X-box cuz idc for its, how as far as PS2 emulator goes theres one called pcsx2 that I've been using for about 2 yrs now they recently came out with version 0.9.8 and you can put cds into the computer and click plugin to play them or download the iso and choose iso, it works pretty nicely, though a lot of games do go slow or slow down, but some games run lovely. So far Kengo and Kengo 2 run smoothly with some brief slowdowns due to my comp overheating (4 gb ram i3 processor win 7 64-bit) and then Monster Hunter runs 100% smoothly full speed and everything, dynasty warriors is playable and a ton of other games are playable but some just go to slow for me. FFX-2 seems to run smooth for the most part too so it's a lovely emulator you can check out the website http://pcsx2.net/

Zansa777

I apologize I misread, boy i feel foolish >_>. Before I posted a post about how there is a ps2 emulator (didn't realize it said ps3) it had to be approved before posting but just in case I'm mentioning myself misreading ahead of time if for some reason it goes through

Last edited:

Lukong

I apologize I misread, boy i feel foolish >_>. Before I posted a post about how there is a ps2 emulator (didn't realize it said ps3) it had to be approved before posting but just in case I'm mentioning myself misreading ahead of time if for some reason it goes through

But you just proved a point that if its was possible for ps2 and it took sometime so in the next few years I'm pretty sure there would be a PS3, XBOX 360 or Even a Wii emulator.

I would never expect a newbie to go in to that type of detail. Its very common knowledge that you need a powerful computer to run an emulator. Sure some wont know that, but by in large its not high level science. If a computer game does not run well , changes are your under powered. Same goes for emulators. If a p2p is struggling on a 3 gig system, a ps3 is not going to be any better. Its simple math, nothing hi tech.

Not that I disagree with you, or wanting an argument, just sustaining my post, and my point. Its nothing complex.

But the emulator, computer or the person could be the obstacle in the situation.
Sometimes the emulator won't run because its missing a dll file, the computer doesn't have the proper drivers or the emulator needs a certain setting.
Those are the type of things that stop someone from play, but having a more GB of RAM, CPU GHz/Core, a person who knows how to use an emulator and the emulator was developed by a hundred developers working together as one could help a lot which would get you to play a PS3/Xbox 360 on a computer.

Also for example one could be playing on their own computer and find it slow, but play on a library computer off their own flash drive and find it faster.
Another example one wouldn't be able to play a emulator if it required Direct X off their flash drive and on a library computer.

Last edited:

digihax

Even though I'm new here, I still vote and say yes for the simple fact that yes it could/would be faked. Now idk about the 360 engine but a ps3 engine could not be modified into an Emulator. It's just too powerful.....

Lukong

SEVENFOOTSWORD

I have a nice ole ps360 emulator. It's in my secret secret top secret stash though. Maybe in about 2 years I'll release it to the undeserving public meh.

Yes but all these posers claiming to have ps360 emulators death to 'em.

Lukong

NO$GBA started as a Gameboy Advance debugger but was later released as a normal emulator(version 1.9). It is the first gameboy advance emulator to support multiplayer games on the same pc! Later versions added support for the NintendoDS portable console.
Ha, even NO$GBA DS emulator started out as a Debugger, but I was looking on wiki and they said this.

NO$GBA - Wikipedia
Emulator developer, Martin Korth, first created a Game Boy emulator for DOS in 1997. When the Gameboy Color was released in 1999, the emulator was upgraded to support Gameboy Color ROMs. The emulator was made shareware as for the upgrade, users were charged $10. The Gameboy Color emulation was copied by many other software crackers and released as freeware. Consequently, the emulator became freeware at the last stable release, 2.5.

NO$GBA Debugger - Wikipedia
The NO$GBA Debugger is development tool for testing and debugging of Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS ROMs, supporting source level debugging. The Debugger is designed for programmers and has been described as "completely useless to gamers" by Martin Korth. It is shareware with a price of $15 for home-use and $750 for a single commercial licence.
And it may not even take a few years for a PS3, XBOX 360/Kinect and Wii emulator to come out.

Nintendo DS - The Emulator Zone
The Nintendo DS is the most recent handheld system developed by Nintendo. It was released in 2004 and was the first handheld system to feature dual screens. In improved edition called the DS Lite was released in 2006. The term "Lite" refers to it having brighter screens, smaller size and lower weight, it still has the same features as the original.
So from that time tell NO$GBA 2.6a is how much and I heard it hasn't updated for a long time...Also doesn't a "a" in NO$GBA 2.6a mean Alpha which comes before Beta, which means that NO$GBA is most likely to Connect DS to DS the next time we see it.

I noticed the "Alpha which comes before Beta" when I found out PCSX-Reloaded 19.92 was a Beta, but had "a" versions which might stand for Alpha before it and "b" meaning Beta.
ms20kw.png

That means NO$GBA 2.6a is an Alpha to what Beta.
Also you know that 3D Wolf Movie, Alpha & Omega, that means a Program goes from Alpha, Beta, Kappa & things in between to an Omega being the last, but an Alpha Male is usually the head Male/Father of Many Puppies...I just look that up in wiki Alpha means 1 and Omega means 800 in numeric Value...no wonder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.