New to Emulators,advice please.

spacebat

Technophobe
Hi,im new to all this so bear with me please.

I have set the ePSXe emulator up,loaded FFVII and started a new game.Everything is hunky dorry BUT....

2 questions please.

1.How do i change the display so it isnt as pixelated as it is now,its very bad and i struggle to see some items.
Im running a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 Graphics Card.

2.My controller (i know,same old question! lol) i followed peoples tips but i cannot get the dam thing to work!
Its just a bog,standard USB controller.
SiS 7001 PSI to USB Open host Controller.

Other than that its running good for my first ever attempt:D Saves games,runs them smooth just the graphic and controller problems.

Any help would be monster,thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
1.How do i change the display so it isnt as pixelated as it is now,its very bad and i struggle to see some items.
On the tv or computer? If computer, then just adjust the settings in the plug in, but really anything above 800x600 is an over kill, the games didnt go higher then that. perhaps your used to seeing scan lines? On a computer you get something like progressive scan and the resolution will get blocky. I dont know if there is a scan line filter for epsxe or not.... If you mean on the tv, then you need to give way more info.. Its more then likely how you send the video out..

2.My controller (i know,same old question! lol) i followed peoples tips but i cannot get the dam thing to work!
Its just a bog,standard USB controller.
Do you see it in the game controller under control panel? Test and calibrate it to make sure everything is working. If it works there it should work in epsxe. If not try another plug-in.

Last edited:

spacebat

Technophobe
1.Its on my PC monitor,just found the controls to adjust the Video so im gonna have a tweak on that.

2.Diddnt know that so im gonna try it now.

Thanks for the help :)

spacebat

Technophobe
I have sorted my controller out now so that works.

Its just the picture is still very blocky and pixelated.
You cannot make out the faces its that bad :(

Any info on video settings would be great.

Thanks in advance :)