• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: VisualBoyAdvance2 SVN r240

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
During my semester break, I worked on VBA2.

I now understand the ARM core reasonably and I started rewriting the complete graphical subsystem.

I can already process VRAM data and the video registers to produce bitmaps of (character mode) BG layers. (See screenshot)

Instead of rendering only a single line, I process the whole BGs at once, so that should give some nice speed boosts.

I plan to let this new C++ class for managing the GBA's graphical subsystem produce 128x128 ... 1024x1024 bitmap planes, which a hardware accelerated OpenGL renderer will further process with special effects like scaling, rendering, color manipulation and of course combining, clipping & rendering it all to the screen. Maybe this will also look better in higher resolutions. With a few hacking it might even be possible to get real widescreen support on some games.
Sprites are also perfect work for OpenGL instead of a software renderer.

If you want to help me and have a good knowledge of OpenGL, don't hesitate to contact me. I will do the preprocess work and you do the rendering.

http://vba-m.com/

You can download it here http://www.multiupload.com/R5ENC1W9RK

Cibomatto2002 Notes: this has a long way to go so do not delete VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN926