Emulate NES games on a GB Micro?

nmaster64

What is a man?
I've dug around quite a bit for this, but couldn't find anything on it. Is there a hopefully-not-too-expensive way to play NES games on a Game Boy Micro? I love my GBM so much, but if I could play all of my favorite NES games on it...oh man. And theoretically it should look pretty good on that screen.

Any ideas?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
As far as I know there is not a emulator. The GB Micro is to weak to emulate anything.

nmaster64

What is a man?
We got a man on the moon with a fraction of the tech in that thing.

It has more than eight times the speed of the NES and is 32-bit vs. 8-bit. I don't see any reason NES games couldn't run on it. I wouldn't expect anything past NES would though...

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
It's going to take more than eight times the speed to get Nes to work on a GameBoy.

If I was you I would try to get a Hacked PSP to pay Nes Roms on PSP 2000 if you can find one.

nmaster64

What is a man?
A) Screw the PSP.

B) At that point, I might as well just jailbreak my iPod or do some DS stuff.

The whole point is how awesomely portable my GBM is, nothing else compares. It would by far be the best retail device to convert to an emulator. I'm surprised if nobody has done anything with getting an emulator on a GBA cart...

But if not then I guess I'll just have to save up for a while and buy this...

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
The Pocket Retro Game Emulator looks cool why did you not get it to begin with?

Screw the PSP?

The PSP is like a iPod on steroids

nmaster64

What is a man?
'Bout the same thing I guess. Similar price too.

I just swore I had heard of some fancy GBA cartridges you could do this kind of thing with. But I guess it was all DS related...

LoRd_SnOw

Well, there are NES Classics for GBA, but not many unfortunately and then there's PocketNES, which is a NES Emulator for GBA. However, because i don't own an actual GBA i can't really tell you if it runs how you would expect for it to run, but you're welcome to try. (http://www.pocketnes.org)

Sorry for not posting this earlier. To be honest, i thought it was a windows based emulator, my mistake and sorry for wasting abit of your time.

nmaster64

What is a man?
OH MAH GAWD THANK YOU

Found pocketheaven.com through that and they have all sorts of different emulators for GBA. Great stuff. PocketNES was exactly what I was looking for, and apparently it runs smooth as butter.

Although from first look it seems it's going to be difficult to get my hands on a good flash cart... :/

nmaster64

What is a man?
GB Micro is to weak to emulate anything.

PocketNES FAQ said:
Q:What about the speed?
A: It's bloody marvellous. And, yes, PocketNES does emulate NES games on the GBA in full speed, as incredible as it sounds. It can actually do quite a few games at twice the normal speed in accelerated mode.

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr