Emulator Problem: Dolphin SVN 4878: Skies of Arcadia Legends

awesomemattg

I have been having an issue with Skies of Arcadia Legends on and off as I have played through the game however I have now reached a point in which I am unable to find a workaround and was hoping someone else has encountered and solved this problem.

I have had periodic errors when playing the game with the Dolphin OpenGL graphics plugin and have been able to work around the issues by performing save states every so often and reloading the previous save state but with the Dolphin Direct3D9 graphic plugin to get past the "problem area" in the game. I don't play with Direct3D9 as it gives me graphic "glitches" such as full black backgrounds as well as blacking out 80-90% of the player models. Once I get to a decent point, I save state and reload with the OpenGL plugin and continue.

I experienced this similar error in Ixa'taka once I walked up the pyramid near the end to fight the "bird boss". I had the standard black backgrounds until the start of the battle (where everything was normal). After the fight I saved and reloaded with OpenGL, still received errors at the top of the pyramid. Reloaded with Direct3D9 and continued until the start of the airship battle with De Loco. I saved right at the start of the battle. Now, regardless of the graphic plugin, I receive the following error:

BackPatch - no support for operand size 1

Error encountered accessing emulated address 826e1596.
Culprit instruction:
movzx eax, byte ptr ds: [rbx+rcx]
at 000000000d8e4b36

If someone can suggest (and hopefully provide a link to) a new graphic plugin that may correct my issue or give me any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.