Dolphin help

Flashbomb7

Okay, I've been having a major problem with dolphin. Whenever I try to play a game, with OpenGL it says can't create openGL renderer, you might be missing some openGL extensions, check logs for more info. so then I changed it to DirectX9, and it says my graphics card is too old, and barely displays anything. so I changed it to software renderer, and I can hear the sounds, but the whole screen is yellow.That happened with all games I tried, wii or gamecube. I really just want to play Super Mario Sunshine. So I decided to get a new graphics card, because it was obvious Intel (R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family was too old. So I got an ATI driver, and it won't appear when I'm configuring the graphics settings for dolphin. And I have the same problem with Nvidia. So does anyone know how to make the drivers appear when I'm configuring Dolphin?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Usually Express Chipset Familys are integrated into the motherboard, Did you physically change the Graphics Card, or did you just install the drivers for those Graphics Cards?

Flashbomb7

Just installed the drivers. I'm too lazy to physically change them. Is there any way to just use the downloaded drivers? Or will I have to physically change them?

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yeah, they need to be physically upgraded to those specific Graphics Cards, Installed Drivers won't work. If I am correct, with the chipset that you have, it is integrated into the motherboard and cannot be upgraded. You are better off getting a new computer, if you plan on being able to emulate Gamecube. You want at least Core 2 Duo if you plan on getting more then 12 frames per second on dolphin.

Flashbomb7

Well, there goes that dream. And a new computer would cost even more than just going to buy the actual game and a gamecube controller. Back to eBay!

Flashbomb7

Using a different computer, I used a 128 MB ATI RADEON X600 SE graphics card, and dolphin SVN R 4915M, I got a decent frame rate, and I only have 2 sort of major problems. First, I can't wash off the mud on the ground, whenever I fire at it, it just makes bubbles and won't go away. Second, the background is just a static mixture of black and blue. At first, I didn't find this a major problem, but then it started to sort of envelop objects that are not that far, thus shortening my range of view greatly. The only not-so-important problem is the water that comes out from the nozzle is black. And the bubbles that come out from the mud is black. I don't really care about the water color problem, I just need some help on fixing the background problem and the mud on the ground problem.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Welp, there isn't really much you can do besides trying to mess with the Graphics Plugin's settings, other then that you need better hardware to work with.