Xbox 360 emulator? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Does anyone know if there is an Xbox 360 emulator that works yet? I was searching for like 2 hours but didn't find any! :(

Thanks for the helpers!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Does anyone know if there is an Xbox 360 emulator that works yet? I was searching for like 2 hours but didn't find any! :(

Thanks for the helpers!

No there isn't and likely won't be for some years yet. Since the Xbox360 is still a commercially available machine thats still making money, why not support the industry and actually pay for the games. Its a bit off to expect other gamers to be investing in new games and continuing to fund development of new titles so you can rip them off for nothing.

Bladex1200

That was a hilarious post, dragondragon. You ACTUALLY expected to find an Xbox 360 emulator? An emulator for a current-generation console? Seriously?

Do yourself a favor and buy the console like Trucker said. You're supporting Microsoft, and who doesn't love Microsoft? (hint: I'm a Mac hater).

Now, if you seriously can't afford a console then don't try making people feel sorry for you. You're only making yourself look stupid. But bahhh... It's not like you browse around on the forums anyway (after all, you only have one post. You didn't even bother to say hello).

LoRd_SnOw

That was a hilarious post, dragondragon. You ACTUALLY expected to find an Xbox 360 emulator? An emulator for a current-generation console? Seriously?

Do yourself a favor and buy the console like Trucker said. You're supporting Microsoft, and who doesn't love Microsoft? (hint: I'm a Mac hater).

Now, if you seriously can't afford a console then don't try making people feel sorry for you. You're only making yourself look stupid. But bahhh... It's not like you browse around on the forums anyway (after all, you only have one post. You didn't even bother to say hello).

It's not surprising.. After all, the front page does have a xbox 360 category: http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox360/ , which could result someone with less experience about emulation to raise such a question, that and google leading him here to find that page.

Last edited:

Lobomad

You know what ?? I just registered and I've done that to answer raised question but also taunt two pompous pricks by aliases FatTrucker and Bladex1200. Dragon asked about solid informations not your irrelevant opinions regarding morality of emulators. Both Ps 2 and Xbox are still on market so why o why do we have emulators for them (yah i know Xbox stil don't have good working emulator but its mostly because nobody really cares ;) ?? Probably just like dragon i would gladly welcome a way to play in few interesting console exclusives without buying either Ps 3 or Xbox 360 idiot boxes ;p thats what emulators and computers are for ;]
Unfortunately no, there's no working xbox 360 emulator And it will probably take another 2 maybe 3 years before something like that will come out, if at all :(. Firstly it would need very strong hardware, right now nothing less than newest 8 cored Intel processors (probably in at least dual configuration) could do the trick and they are quite recent development (contrary to popular myths both Nextgens are already severely outperformed by medium range PCs but emulating requires much more processing power, at least twice as much as the platform that is emulated). Secondly because its would be extremely difficult to make - both Ps 3 And Xbox 360 Use CPUs based on Cell architecture (although with totally different approach) which is incompatible with x86 standard, so you would need whole group of very highly skilled programmers who worked with both Pc and consoles to make such emulator.
Unfortunately for now we can only wait :(

Last edited:

LoRd_SnOw

It's not that nobody cares, you need to remember these emulators were made by hobbyist and others just for the fun of it. None of these guys that make or have made these emulators are making truck loads of cash to create an emulator. What's more, there aren't many technical documentations that you could find to help you aid in this endeaver, for instance like the xbox, gamecube and ps2, You either know it and perform all of the research on your own or you don't. I have nothing against anyone asking questions like that, we were all newbie at some point and im sure we've all asked questions that might seem silly, like that. On the positive end, he got his answer and now he knows that an xbox 360 emu won't be happening for sometime. If i had documentations or could reverse engineer my xbox/360 i would probably be daring enough to try or present it to people who can really make the difference, with time.

LoRd_SnOw,

Last edited:

Lobomad

Yeh it took years to develop working Ps 2 and Wii/gamecube Emulators ;) and yes i know about the F**king documentation problem ;/ sh**heads at Microsoft Sony and Nintendo tend to keep to them selfs even after discontinuing specific console production ;/ This was the biggest problem with creating Xbox emu ( which would be easiest to make if not for that ;/) and still is ( the second problem was and still is lack of manpower caused by non profit nature of all such projects - which I'm perfectly aware also ;)) Thats why i doubt if emu for x360 will ever be made :/ And i think that Dragon's question was perfectly reasonable. It was first two answers that got me worked up ;] i hate such smug and in true non contributing posts. I can understand blade because hes a Noob like me but Fat tracker should have bit more brain then that.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think some people are taking this a bit to heavy. TF is just tired of "newbies" asking the same question over and over. Its not a matter of will there be, is there a 360 emulator. Its a matter of gimme gimme, I want to play stuff for free. Regardless of the place holder, if there is no emulator listed then chances are we dont know about it, eh?

I dont think dragon was out of line, but he could have taking the time to put 2 and 2 together.

1) check the download section, its not there.
2) You can find it, took 2 hours, tell you something?
3) do a search find many posts about this topic.
4) its a new console.
5) its m$ !!
6) Do you really think, that if a 360 emulators was out, that the world would not know about it.

I mean come'on, its not rocket science here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.