is there a software for ps2 usb adaptor?

Cuz Windows doesn't recognize my ps2 usb adaptor for my ps2 mouse.
so I was wondering if exist a software so Windows can recognize it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Cuz Windows doesn't recognize my ps2 usb adaptor for my ps2 mouse.

if p2s means playstation 2 then
> " ps2 usb adaptor" must mean one of the many out there, normally a HID. - In this case do not use a driver.. If the os does not find it your looking at some major issues.
>" ps2 mouse", there was a mouse for the play station? if so it would not work with the adapter for sure. these adapters work with game controllers not mice drivers.

if ps2 refers to a personal system 2 style connector
> "ps2 usb adaptor" - then this makes no sense..
> "ps2 mouse" - what about it now?

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok that is a ps2 to usb adapter. Got cha..

I'm thinking this is from ps2 to usb. So that you can use a ps2 mouse on a usb port.

answer no.. Its a generic mouse hid ( human interface device ) no drivers should be needed. When you plug it in it should know what it is, where are you stuck?

the mouse turn on but windows doesn't recognize it i got xp sp3 and the mouse won't move is for a laptop with usb device and I don't want to buy a usb mouse

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
so its is getting power, but did it pop up as new hardware found? I dont care if it recognized it or not, if it does not detect the plug and play usb new hardware found it wont work period.

when you plug in any usb device you will get a sound , and a popup "new hardware found". If you do not its junk and does not work.

Other things to try.

a) another usb port
b) turn off the computer and back on.
c) check Device manager and see if its install as a unknown device. Remove it, unplug the device, and reboot.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
click:

no not this time
install from a list...
dont search..
in the list find human interface device.
standard devises. and pic the mouse on the right ( if you dont see a mouse try the HID-compliant device ) [ may not work ]

you can also try "USB Human interface device and see if that works.

lastly try have disc ans use this http://www.howtodrivers.com/model33410.html it adds a scrole to the HID may works for you.

Is this a logitec or otherwise fancy mouse?

Last edited:
when I have the list says GENIUS cuz my mouse is a genius but PS2 not USB and the list says USB NET MOUSE PRO,MOUSE WITH WHEEL USB GENIUS, AND MOUSE USB GENIUS as controllers but then another warning that it will don't work if i install one of them and my mouse is genius NET SCROLL EYE WITH WHEEL PS2 PLUG so which of the 3 I have to take?

Zach

Just for future reference, it should be written PS/2

Kind of helps avoid confusion. ;)

/asshole +1

Monermajetomi

1st question: Did you install the router with your computer, if no, do that using the CD.

2nd question: Is a light on the router telling you wireless network is working? If no, troubleshoot the router, if yes, than can you test your router with a laptop that has a wireless card. If the laptop does not work, troubleshoot the router again and also check for your secruity settings which may be blocking access to the network.

If the laptop works, test it by the PS2. If the signal is low, you may need to get a different router that is more powerful, or move your PS2.

Also realize that some apartments have steel frames, so no wirless routers will work unless the router is in the same room as the wireless component.