Nintendo DS Emulator Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I had to do some editing in your post while trying to keep most of the original text. It did not look that good at the main page.

Still, very good first post. Keep it up like that :)

onewecallgod

ehh

i got lazy and didnt quite know what the news format was.... i'll just leave posting news to you, lefty

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Dont worry about it. Just make sure the thread is well formated when you post it and then take a look at the main page to see that everything is right.

I sometimes edit my posts 3-4 times to get a nice result, nobody is perfect ;)

All we have to do now is wait for some roms to be released so we can test them :rolleyes:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I know Neco. From the looks of it the author plans to use a plugin system.

My guess is that he wants to finish the interface of the emulator based on GBA and when the DS is out he will simply create a ds.dll to perform the DS emulation.

That is why at the top of the page it says:
"Nintendo DS Games
Gameboy Advance
GBC roms GB roms"

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Now let's count the days until we hear and/or notice how Nintendo has taken this news :)
(ie... how much time it takes before they try to take legal action)

I think Nintendo will be pretty pissed at their new product being emulated that quickly.

Anyway... as Neco indicated (?), while it may be a "working" emulator, it doesn't necessarily
mean it actually can do a lot of DS emulating yet...

montpics

Errr, sorry for interruption at your party...........

As that emulator is not belong to that author for the first place. B)

The real one is located here! (That should be correct.)
You should notice the similiarity between both of them on screenshots on both pages. Confused?

Here is an explanation from this forum site. ;)

And a quote made by PocketHeaven Admin.
"I've dealt with that site admin before. This guy is a thief and an asswipe. I'm the SNES Advance (formerly PocketSNES) site admin over at pocketheaven.com ...anyways... As I said PocketSNES, we had to lose the name of the program and site due to that asshole putting up a site for the emulator. Claimed it as his, talked about the most he could from supplied info, didn't credit Loopy, and put up lots of ads so he can get revenue from it.
Thanks to that dick we had to redo the entire site (well I did gfx and all) and we came up with the SNES Advance name to replace it. A few of us at PH who had to set it up and do the work were furious and still would love to see him hung.
This time he STOLE this project 'DSEMU' which is found here:
DSEmu homepage
So do yourself a favor, spread the word, get no one to go there as he's a conman and a thief."

This should clear this confusion if any happens from here. :)

montpics

Don't worry as we share the same thing at the start. Wanted to know what's new from the emulation world. :)

Furthermore, I did my silly mistake for posting my article with that link. :p