7-Zip Help

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I have 711 Roms and I want to 7-zip them but not into one 7zip file I want to 7zip them into separately into 100 7zip files.

If it can not be done if there another free or not free program that can do it :)

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I found a better program its called PeaZip 2.8.1

This program will even let you add each object to a separate archive

PeaZip is an OS-portable archiver tool (released for Windows and Linux); it supports it?s native Pea archive format (featuring compression, splitting and flexible encryption and integrity check schemes) and other mainstream formats, with special focus on handling open formats.

Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ARJ, BZip2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZip, ISO, JAR, LHA, LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.

PeaZip doesn?t follow the Explorer-like interface paradigm; the interface is more similar to a CD/DVD-burner application, allowing the user to:

* save and restore layout of archives (input files and folders list) to speed up definition of archiving and backup operations;
* save job definition (as plain text, to be used in any script language);
* have a detailed job log after each operation;

The interface is fully skinnable (skins can be customized and saved as plain text to be re-edited as freely as possible) and uses customizable transparency.
The program doesn?t need to be installed/uninstalled, it can run from any path (even remote; a writable path is recommended), however Windows version is released both as a standalone binary and as a fully automated installer/uninstaller package, allowing tight system integration to use PeaZip right from Explorer.

http://peazip.sourceforge.net/

Zach

Pretty sure there are ways to do it with 7zip.

Mainly something like torrentzip or something like that. I've never used it myself

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
PeaZip Does everything like Winrar I did have Winrar 3.91 but to me PeaZip is king at least for now the only reason I like 7zip is because most Emulators use 7zip.

Zach

Well you should know, that 7zip gives a hell of a lot better compression on ROMS than ZIP/RAR too.

I still remember when I first tried it and archived 11GB of GBA roms into a 3GB 7zip.

Took hours to do it, but the compression is awesome.

Zach

Check their signature before you reply to stupid posts like this please.

The link is not yet active, but it says "memory cards", so I suspect the bot will be triggered by responses and come back to activate the link then.
We'll have to watch and see I guess.