Fusion Pause Problem

zpfield

Hey guys, this is my first post. (first of many probably) I'm having a problem with fusion 3.6. Whilst playing some Megadrive games (streets of rage and street fighter II champion) the game pauses every time I press the B button (set to #4 on my gamepad (saitek usb analogue). I have tried different button configurations but it always happens with whatever button I assign to B. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have played both Sonic 1 and Golden axe for the megadrive with no problems and the couple of Master System games I have work fine.

I'm running XP home SP3 on an intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz with 500Mb Ram and an on board VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP graphics processor.

Please help, I can't wait to kick myself when you tell me the answer!

:bow:

Zach

I know you've tried reconfiguring the controls, but have you tried specifically clearing the assignment for the pause button / start button ?

And have you tried redownloading it, extracting to a fresh new folder and carefully running setup, to see if maybe something weird is going on with your current config?

I don't know what would be causing this.. It's probably best to visit the Fusion forum on its home site, and ask them. They would know best

zpfield

Thanks for the reply, Zach. I haven't tried either of those idea's so I will. It's interesting to note that I was reading a post on another forum that I'm not a member of (this one is obviously the best :) ) that had a guy who had the same problem with fusion, and the advice he got was 'this is not something I have ever com across before and I've been using fusion for years, so you must have done something wrong' I'm glad your advice is more constructive. I'll let you know how I get on.

Zach

Hope you get a solution no matter what it is.

People like you mentioned are just arrogant pricks who think they know everything better than everyone. The Internet is full of them, just a part of life really.

I do try to be helpful when I can. I know in this case a lot of people around here don't seem to use Fusion, for some weird reason. (Its clearly a superior emulator and is more accurate than most I have seen). So sometimes it really is best to try the Emulators home forum when possible.