Jnes 1.0.1 problem with fullscreen

stupapro34

I tried looking for many places to post a question like this.

Basically if I try and use any type of "drawing method" other then "none" my screen will be black when it tries to go to fullscreen. On any other version of Jnes it works perfectly though. My video card driver is up to date, DirectX is up to date.

So is this a problem only with the latest version of Jnes, or is it somehow my computer?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10

stupapro34

What windows do you have ?

Also when was the last time you updated your Direct X ?

If you have Windows XP I would go download Direct X 9.0c August Full it's a good size download 104 MB.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Bit if it was me I would get the FCEUX 2.1.1 Emulator it does everything and its updated often.

http://fceux.com/web/htdocs/download.php

Let me know if this helps :)

I have Windows XP SP3 all latest updates, after encountering this last night I updated to the latest Direct X and my latest video card drivers and that still didn't fix it.

I have tried FCEUX 2.1.1 and it's a really good emulator but when I go fullscreen with it, sorta gets a little buggy and I can see the bottom right hand corner of my taskbar flicker thru every now and then and also theres like annoying horizontal lines that tear across the screen when I'm playing scrolling games, Vsync didn't help nor did messing with some of the video options in the emulator.

It does have some nice features that I like though, "Allow more than 8 sprites per scanline." That's a really cool option. Also there's much more sound options then in Jnes but for some reason that horizontal tear when playing games along with the fullscreen buggyness has stoped me from using that emulator.

fantsu

Use older JNes, also are your games gooddump?
I have some problems with Jnes 1.0.1 also, just use older and better ones if they work. :)

demonluo

JNES v1.0.1.14 work perfectly for me in fullscreen w whatever drawing mode, i'm using vista 32bit...

FCEUX v2.1.1 have very annoying bug, directories setting folder path keep disappear randomly until nothing left, fullscreen mode will 100% crash in vista & most importantly action 52, 6 dragonball games plus many more don't work on v2.1.1 but work for v2.0.3...

anyway, FCEUX v2.0.3 is the best coz at least 97.5% of all NES roms will work while JNES only about 80% for licensed game & 50% for unlicensed...

Last edited:

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I forgot to tell you about the screen sorry man but there is a east fix for it if you see the mouse on the screen click with the mouse buttion it should go back to window screen the try to to full it works for me :)

stupapro34

I forgot to tell you about the screen sorry man but there is a east fix for it if you see the mouse on the screen click with the mouse buttion it should go back to window screen the try to to full it works for me :)

I tried to fix it but couldn't get it working with the latest version ><. I just switched back to using Jnes 1.0