The History of Windows!

Jale

I started with Windows 95.

Windows 2000 looks more like Windows Me.

Last edited:

Zach

I actually resisted 95/98 each time until I finally broke down and started using them as programs required.. Mainly the issue was speed, Win 3.1 was pretty fucking fast compared to the bigger fancier versions that have come after it. Although now that hardware that can run bulky OS's is common place its less of an issue.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hmm, although not vary common( in OS talk) I agree with Zack. I started using computers way before windows was in effect. I was one of those OS2 users until I realize Windows had the market. Once I did start using 2.x I found myself dropping to dossHell a lot. But more and more of the apps I needed used windows. Then 3.0 came out and was looking promising.

I remember, in my area, hearing on the radio about an important message form Microsoft. My dad and I had a bets on what it could be, and were hoping for a more advanced version. Well turns out it was the 95 announcement available soon. I for one was all about it. At the time and my life anything new I was all about..

Also being in the hacking crowed in my collage I had access to the net, and a way to get "Chicago" So I got it before the release date. But it was a hog.. Had to max out my system to run it right.

Windows 2000 looks more like Windows Me.
-- that is backwards.. LOL, ME was diesigned to fooll ther user in to thinking it was built on 2k(aka nt ) technology. I remember getting this hack app that stripped out the stupid fake crap to give me back the controller that 98 had. Like dropping to dos... My name for ME, was Windows Ruse.

Last edited: