mcr to psv?

mremulation

Ive been playing ff7 on epsxe, and i have 7 and a half hours into it. Well i downloaded ff7 on my ps3, and since i dont want to restar 7 and a half hours of work, is there any way to convert the save mcr to psv?

Ive tried using memcardrex 0.9, but when i turn it to a psv file the ps3 says the data is corrupt. Is it because i did the folders wrong, because someone said something like that

PS3>SAVEDATA>PSV> (insert save here) isnt that how its supposed to work?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
When you say 'turn it to a psv save' do you mean you actually converted it to a psv file or just renamed it?. Although at core its PS1 save data the data format could be quite different from Original PS1 > ePSXe Memcard > psv.

Last edited:

mremulation

Yes, i mean actually change the .mcr file to .psv so the playstation3 can read it, and i dont have to start the game all over again. I have 7 and a half hours of gameplay on the game and it would really suck to start over again.

Sensokaeru

I'm having a similar problem. Been playing Xenogears on PS3, but ran into a bad freeze and I'm trying to see if I can just transfer the save back and forth between the PC and the PS3 in order to see if I can get past it, but in the middle of it, I realized that the memory card editor (MemcardRex) can't export the save file back into the .psv format for the PS3. Any idea of a program that can do that?