Computer Problem: I hate Microsoft! so pissed ......

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Now my WIndows Vista Home premium sp1 was workin fine , ESET SMART SECURITY is up to date, and all of a sudden when i try to copy a file from a place to another ,it hangs it slows down than says , FAILED TO LOAD SECURITY OPTIONS ............... , if this has no resolve ,i am gonna wipe out windows and never use it again in my whole life ,thats how pissed i am .

At my other partition with UBUNTU is been 3 years and not a single problem has occured.

Has this problem a resolve ??????

PS. writing from my Linux partition.

Payin 499 USD for VISTA ULTIMATE is a BIG CRIME.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yep, you should have seriously stayed with Windows XP. Even though, I heard that Windows 7 is pretty sufficient.

Jale

The wonders of Vista... That's why I've been sticking with XP for the past 8 years.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well out of nowhere ,now its workin like a charm again. I dont know why though. I hope it will remain this way .

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

Zach

Honestly, unless you even know what caused the problem, shut up about MS. It could have been your ESET Smart Security for all you know.

And none of us could have told you based on the info you provided either. But hey my Windows Vista x64 has been running strong and no major problems. I've reinstalled a few times over the past couple of years, for non-windows related things and that's it.

I'm glad your Ubuntu has worked great for so long, hopefully you use it as often as Windows or that comparison was pretty baseless.. Either way.. These are the pitfalls of using the most demographically popular operating system. In an alternate universe somewhere, people could be screaming about their Linux just crashing for no reason or something too. That's one thing I don't understand about people who whine about Windows.. What are you gonna do the day that Macs/Linux operating systems ARE popular and in use by a significant portion of the world, when they get major application and games support, etc.. When more people start programming stuff for those systems these Windows issues will suddenly seem not so unique to Microsoft - especially the viruses everyone likes to believe are almost impossible to catch on Macs and Linux PC's.

Food for thought, I guess..

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Maybe u are right in some points, i use Linux very often,i only use Windows for gaming ,and HD converting (the second cause is because i dont know how to do it in Linux,very difficult). But i was complaining because it has happened to me in 98,XP,and now in Vista. Plus even with these "normal behavior of MS OS" we still pay a whole lot quantity of USD to have these in use for ourself. That s why i am complaining ,we buy them , and they crash with the passing of time.

I dont think Linux will never get security problems,cause they fix security holes in hours,not in months like MS.
There are normally at least 10 security updates a day in Linux.

Anyway these are just different point of views as u say. Still i need Windows for my games.

Last edited:

Zach

Another things that bothers me, is that while Linux can have security fixes out very fast and that is a good thing.. This somehow gets turned into an argument FOR Linux under the guise Linux is more secure, people leave out the fact it does get patches, and then try to say Windows is not secure -because- MS releases so many security patches all the time.. But if Linux does that too then ??

A lot of this comes down to the end user too. If they are too lazy to update, they don't get those updates, and they are just as vulnerable. Again though, Linux is written so that it functions in a more secure way, which is one reason damage wouldn't be as bad to someones system unless they were tricked into authorizing malware to do something, versus Windows allows the "user" greater free access, but the downside is things can damage the system very easily.

I'd choose Linux over MacOS any day of the week however. Apple just flat out assumes people are stupid and can't do anything for themselves, and I'm getting sick of the arrogant attitude their users and commercials seem to foment more and more every passing year. I mean come on.. Apple and it's defenders now drag about the technicality of "WHAT is a virus" and tries to distinguish the idea from other malware in general such as worms and trojans, in order to defend the claim "Macs don't get viruses" like in their latest commercials.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I agree.