Hi, PS1 fan here

PlaystationLounge

Howdy all. Just an introduction.

I've been tinkering with ePSXe, Delta and PEC cheater for a month or so now, and it's all ticking along nicely. I've so far found that games run better if using ripped ISOs, so I've started ripping my discs.

My ultimate goal is to have a slick PS1 emulated system, with a HD full of (legit) ISOs ripped from my original game discs. Then either set-up an arcade cabinet for it (hard) or hook up a projector for a giant screen (easier)...

Then maybe put in a MAME for some real retro gaming...

Cheers,

P.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Go for a couple of Dual Shocks and run it through a big LCDTV. PS on an arcade cab doesn't really work that well for most games, just feels 'wrong'. Set your PS emulator up to run through a Front-End like mamewah/Mala/GameEx/Maximus so game selection, launch, etc can all be controlled from your joypad.

Definitely explore the mamecab option though, its a fun project.

Last edited:

PlaystationLounge

Thanks, interesting that you're not so hot about running a PS1 as an arcade cabinet. I thought it'd be quite a novelty to run PS games on a cab! Maybe fun to run non-arcade games like Silent Hill in an arcade cabinet, just for the weirdness factor... :) All theory at the mo, at least til I move house which'll hopefully be soon.

I see you're 34 and in London. Me too (well, work in London, live in glorious Essex :) )...

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The first Mamecab I built I had all the console emulators included, apart from the fact that the controls don't really feel right, most console games require a few hours of play at a time, its just better on a TV.

If you're in Essex, you're welcome to have a look at my machine, and emulator setup, happy to help out if you want a PC setup with all the emulators, front-ends and associated 'files'.

Same here, I'm in Thurrock about 10 minutes from Lakeside.

Last edited: