What are your favorite nes/snes emulator video settings?

NorseChief

I personally will only play nes/snes roms on a NTSC composite video filter. It really makes your gaming experience feel authentic! It looks like you are playing on your television with the real nes/snes console!

Currently, the only nes/snes emulators I know of that have this filter available are the latest versions of Nestopia and Bnes. So I only ever use those emulators and they are the best I have ever seen.

Since discovering this feature I have shelved my fcuex and zsnes emulators, which I previously thought were the best.

Other video preferences of mine:

- Currently, I don't use scanlines at all because I think the NTSC filter alone makes that filter obsolete.

- I always have biliniar interpolation and tv mode or tv aspect options ticked

- Video is always set to 640 by 480

- I always have tripple buffering on although I am not too sure whether or not that does anything to improve the video performance.

- I have it set to 16 bit and not 32 bit

- I always have it on fullscreen (never stretched because I have the tv aspect ratio always ticked)

- for Bnes I have correct aspect ratio, video set to linear and not point, similate NTSC tv video gamma rip and merge scan fields for NTSC filter.

That's about it on my side.

Oh, and I find that on most games the scrolling is smooth but on games like "Bugs bunny's birthday blowout" the scrolling is not smooth at all. Do you guys perhaps know what setting I can have that can make the scrolling smoother for this game?

Jale

If I'm going to play with a SNES emulator I use 640x480 without filters and if the card supports it, I enable interlaced TV signal so it looks sharper. I had this option with ATi cards. I'm not sure with Nvidia's.