Getting nes/snes roms to work on your wii console?

NorseChief

I recently got a wii console (not an emulator, the real thing) and now I am looking for a way that I can get snes roms from my pc to my wii console.

That would be so cool if I can find a way to do that! Can't wait to start seeing my snes roms on my television :D!

I found the new "Snes9x GX 4[1].0.9 - Wii" emulator which can apparently run snes games on the wii console. The only problem is that I have no idea how to get this emulator and the snes roms from my pc to my wii console so that I can play them from there.

I tried to transfer the games to the wii with a flashdrive but I can't find a way to open the flash drive from wii.

Also, what format must the files be in so that the wii console can read them? I use Winrar and I was wondering if perhaps wii can't read the emulator and the roms from the flash drive because they are still zipped.

Apparently the wii can connect to the internet as well but I have no idea how to do that either :p

Please, please, please! How do I get my snes roms and the "Snes9x GX 4[1].0.9 - Wii" emulator to open and run from my wii console?

Last edited:

Clive82

Setup & Installation

Unzip the archive. You will find the following folders inside:
apps - Contains Homebrew Channel ready files (see Homebrew Channel instructions below)
snes9x - Contains the directory structure required for storing roms, saves, and cheats (see below)
Via Homebrew Channel
The most popular method of running homebrew on the Wii is through the Homebrew Channel. If you already have the channel installed, just copy over the apps folder included in the archive into the root of your SD card.
Remember to also create the snes9x directory structure required. See above.
Loading Games

By default, roms are loaded from "snes9x/roms/".
Your SNES rom images must be in SMC, SFC, SWC, or FIG format. Generally, all images you find will be in this format, but if you run across one that isn't please download RTOOL which will allow you to convert the image into SMC format.
From DVD
ROMs can be burned to a DVD-/+R (4.7GB max size & ISO 9660 file format) but you need to install DVDx on your Wii.

I got the info from here

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Snes9x_GX#Setup_.26_Installation

but the site can be a bit hit and miss (error 503)

Last edited:

NorseChief

Can I use the flash drive to access these games on the wii? Or do I have to have the wii connected to my pc somehow?

Last edited: