Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emulators/Games Advise

The New Kid

Default Emulators/Games Advise

Hello,

It's been a while since i touched/played this stuff but the last time i used emulators it was fun because i could insert 999 coins and have 999 lives or continues and that way have fun with friends too, this time tho the insert coin doesn't really work and i can't remember which emulator/platform i used to play like this, i think maybe last time i played arcade games and this time i'm playing nes games so the only i found so far is cheats...

I don't want super powers i just want infinite lives

P.S
    Recommending a few games on any platform wouldn't hurt also.

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

Default Re: Emulators/Games Advise

Welcome to the forum.

The only emulators you'll find that support coin input are arcade emulators like Mame. There were a number of NES (and snes) games released in arcades so you can play these through mame and use coin input. In most cases though, coining up simply buys you more playtime rather than extra lives so it not specifically what you're looking for.

If you're using emulators for the console though, as with the original system your only option is to use game genie style cheat codes which can be found online. Most emulators do support save states so another bonus is that you can save prior to playing through a section you have difficulty with then just reload from that point each time you die. You could also look for hacked game saves online that people have altered to give you extra lives and stuff. A lot of these knocking about for various titles.

As for game recommendations its a bit tricky because there are just so many to choose from across all platforms. It really depends what type of games you enjoy most.
    Last edited by FatTrucker; August 22nd, 2009 at 09:56.

The New Kid

Thanks for the welcome it's nice to be here.

Yeah i know Mame but the weird part is that some games i see in the nes platform that aren't in the Mame list for example say TMNT 3 Manhattan project i found it for nes and played it and i remember the same game when i used to play arcade back then and i'm sure it was arcade because i didn't touch nes etc until now so it's kinda strange

About the console part yeah i know i own a Sony Ps.

As for games i'm free to try anything but yeah i'm more of an action kind of guy
    if you can't name something how about suggesting a good place to get some?

Unfortunately the rules on these boards prohibit discussion of where to obtain roms due to them being subject to copyright.

If you like action games and scrolling beat em ups I would recommend stuff like The Punisher, Vendetta, King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and the Dungeons and Dragons games on Mame.

Loads of games back in the 80's were ported, bootlegged and copied, so its possible that TMNT3 was derived and reskinned from another title, or a port of another arcade game hence the familiarity. Its also possible that someone produced a bootleg Playchoice board featuring it.

The New Kid

Nice PIcks! Thanks

I see some of them are for 2 players or more is there any way to play online with friends etc?

The New Kid

Mame does do TMNT

and if you get the new mameui version 133 you can use cheats

(as cheats have been removed from Mame lately)

http://www.mameui.info/

here are the cheats for TMNT2

I use Mamefx as it also allows Hiscore saves

hope that helps

oh and hello emu zone :-)
    Last edited by Clive82; August 24th, 2009 at 19:32.

He was asking about TMNT3: The Manhatten Project (a NES game).

Welcome to the boards though.

The New Kid

Well actually i was asking about online play but thanks for the quick mame guide.

The New Kid

Also which emulator has the coin insert function and can run TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project?

You only get insert coin options with Arcade emulators like Mame, Model 2 and so on. TMNT 3 was a NES game so the only time you would have seen it in an arcade would be if it was included in the Nintendo Playchoice range or if someone had actually built a dedicated NES cab.

Thread Information