Good Spyware remover programs?

JoshM22

I am looking for a good free Spy-ware/Malware remover. I have used Spy-bot Search and Destroy in the past. It worked one time on my computer without crashing. Ever since then it freezes my PC up when the program crashes. Someone told me to use Spy-ware Doctor. I looked up a review before downloading.The review says SD leaves artifacts on your computer when you uninstall. Not only that when you click on a problem when in Spyware Doctor I was told it sends you to a threat site. In other words I am not going to use Spy-ware Doctor ever! Help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Also try Malware Bites, and HiJackThis.

Combined with my AV and Spybot S&D these have always kept me out of trouble.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I second Malware Bites .. Love that prog. HijackThis is not for many, just make sure you know what your removing ;)

JoshM22

I use AVG,Spy-bot, and Hijack This. Hijack this is pretty easy to use. Then again I know quite a bit about computers. Not enough to be a Computer Technician, but I know my stuff well enough to use HT. I will check out Malware Bites. Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

seymoregutz

i have one, but i paid about 30.00 for it. it's called fix it professional 9. i bought it because it's an all in one program. it not only will take care of viruses and trogans, but will clean your computer of all fragmented old programs that removal didn't delete. it does what Mc affe didn't because it found 6 addware and spyware programs in mine. it will defrag and disk clean, even look for any windows updates. very easy to use. just two cents worth, but some things are only as good as what you pay for them.

JoshM22

Thank you for all the programs you listed guys. I ended up doing a defrag yesterday. Took care of most issues I was having with my PC. I have not paid for Anti-Virus software ever! I don't intend to either.All the free AV software I have used until now has served me well. Even Consumer Reports say that some free software works better than the kind you pay for.