Clrmame and datfile

majax79

I've just begun trying to use clrmame pro to verify my NES ROMS. I'm stuck and was hoping someone could help me. Is there a particular NES datfile that is recommended for use with clrmame? I tried the "Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System (20090731_CM).dat" from no-intro.

It doesn't have any settings for the datfile. I tried both default and default.cmp and both gave me the following message:

"This Datfile requires a XML header definition file:
no-intro_nes.xml"

I'm only looking for a nes dat file so I can make sure my NES ROMS are good. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried reading the help file but I'm lost.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Why Clrmame? Not usually peoples first choice for starting out.I'm sure it will work and all but goodnes works wonders?

majax79

Lol, honestly I'm just googling my way through.

Ok, I downloaded Goodnes 3.14 and it's command line which I've never used.

Can you tell me how to use GoodNES? I edited the config file as some people do so that only NES will be scanned. I don't see how that little config file would work though. Don't I need a .dat file?

I'll also post a request for help on their message board.

Last edited:

majax79

Thank you for your help.

I already downloaded it and am trying to figure out the scan or scannow feature. I def don't want the roms renamed. If it doesn't work I'm just gonna throw in the towel or pay someone to do it for me, lol.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If you have troubles get GoodGUI its a front end for good tools. I never just audit mine, so I dont know what the option is but its all spelled out in the read me. You really should not have any trouble.

Maybe goodNes check ? it will move the bad files in a bad folder for you.

Ok I just download it and checked, dude its right there?

GoodNES V3.14: Copyright 1999-2008 Cowering (cowering@gmail.com)
Visit www.allgoodthings.us or #rareroms on irc.foreverchat.net for latest news

Usage: GoodNES [rename|move|scan[d]|scannew[d]|list[d]|audit[1|2|3|4|5]
[changes[-]][changesnew[-]][quiet][dirs|inplace][sepX][config xxx]|fixnes
[deep][force[63|xbox|DC]][logmsgs][[old|new]format][CRC32|SHA-1]

Commands:

rename = Rename images
move = Move images
scan = Make detailed listing all files [w/dirs]
scannew = Make detailed listing of unknown images [w/dirs]
list = Lists images you have/need without renaming [w/dirs]
audit = Various reports (audit1 audit2 etc)
fixnes = Fix .NES headers to best possible

Use only one of these commands and one or more of the following options
Press ENTER to list options
just type goodnes to get that screen..

Try scan list and audit.. then look at the file it makes. You can use the move option to sort them in to good and bad folder. Read the doc file...

Last edited:

majax79

Well, I got lucky and found a sweet torrent and I was finally able to verify my ROMS with RomCenter. 2,588 torrents all absolutely perfect. Thanks ulaoulao for trying to help me.

Last edited: