ROMS in more tha one part.

Mr. DNA

Hi folks, a quick question if you don't mind about downloading ps1 roms when they are in more than one part. Do you have to download and extract each part separately to the same root folder? Is it a case of if every part is in one folder then when you click on part 1 the emulator will know to put them all together? If not, what do you have to do to put the parts together to make the game playable? Thanks.

btw, are there any good ps1 ROM sites that allow you to get the games in one part? Sorry if this is a question you can't answer.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
They are usually in multi-part rar files. Put all the rars in one folder, then use winrar to extract the first one, it will automatically extract all the subsequent numbered ones giving you a single ISO when its finished.

So for example if you had Final Fantasy Disk 1.rar
Final Fantasy Disk 1-1.rar
final Fantasy Disk 1-2.rar
and so on, you would simply unrar the first one and it will pull all the others out in sequence.

Mr. DNA

They are usually in multi-part rar files. Put all the rars in one folder, then use winrar to extract the first one, it will automatically extract all the subsequent numbered ones giving you a single ISO when its finished.

So for example if you had Final Fantasy Disk 1.rar
Final Fantasy Disk 1-1.rar
final Fantasy Disk 1-2.rar
and so on, you would simply unrar the first one and it will pull all the others out in sequence.

Thanks Trucker, I'll give that a bash. Just got my nice new controller through the door, so I'm eager to try some more modern games that take up more space. :)