Missing files for Marvel VS Capcom

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The game is CPSII (same as Street Fighter II) so no bios required in Mame. There are about 6 variants for this rom. The parent containing all game files is mvsc.zip

If you have mvsc.zip and its reporting missing files then either your source for the rom is bad, or you need to use a different version number of mame.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
(euro 980112) is the parent rom. Non of the other versions will work without this version in your mame/roms folder.

If you check the zip file name it will be mvsc.zip

Harrykid

Villain
I found it I know I can`t ask where to get roms but can I tell people where to get it in case someone looks to this theard for referance?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Nope. The forum AUP applies to any copyright roms. No links to or discussion of how and where to obtain them.

This site deals with emulation not illegal distribution of games.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Distributing roms of games under copyright which you don't have a specific licence to distribute from the copyright owner is illegal.

So if you don't own the original arcade board then the roms you have are illegal. Even when you own the original games, the sites that host them don't have permission to distribute them so they and you are acting unlawfully by offering or downloading the games.

In the real world considering the comparitively small numbers of people that emulate and the fact that these games are no longer available for sale commercially then so long as no one is actually selling them or making money from them, for the most part (at least as far as end users are concerned) copyright owners generally turn a blind eye.

But it is illegal to own or use copyright roms without permission, so in reference to that, this sites rules are there for its own protection.

The forum rules state explicitly that we don't discuss romsites, links to romsites or how or where to obtain roms. There is no grey area or debate, just don't do it.

Last edited: