SONY BRAVIA DIGITAL TV TUNER?????

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well i am getting confused here. My TV model is KDL26B4030.

The remote has two buttons ,one the analog to watch analog TV ,via my cable subscription ,and until here everything its ok.

The other button says DIGITAL,i push it and it shows me all the channels of TERRESTIAL DIGITALB ,but it says no signal.

Can i watch these channels by buying a Digitalb card ,or should i buy a module to fit the card,because i have seen the place ,and the card cannot be inserted directly????????????

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that your television has the standard DVB-T tuner. You just need to connect the television to an antenna and if free to air DVB-T broadcasts are available in your area you should receive them.

If DIGITALB is a cable subscription service then you need probably need a decoder.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Digitalb is terrestial decoder or satelite decoder or HD decoder,but i heard that the terrestial is supported by adding a module then adding the card to view the channels cause they are encrypted. Any chance of doing that with this TV?

Zach

I really have no idea.. But it sounds like it should work IF you have stations in the area broadcasting free local channels in digital format.

Personally I'd just stick with cable and order HD service, then they send you an HD box and you can plug it into your TV with HDMI or whatever

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am gonna buy DigitalbHD at the end of the month,but i will plug it to my other TV because here all 2 HDMI-s are occupied ,one with PS3 other with the desktop. Well i guess i have to ask personally at the shop where i bought this,but thanks for your help.

I already have cable subscription,but its not as good as Digitalb.

Zach

Well if you want to spend the money, buy a nice receiver. The good expensive ones will have some HDMI inputs and then you can just select them.

Also if your video card has a DVI out and your TV has DVI-in (I can't remember) you could use the DVI port instead and free up the HDMI port.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I just need the DigitalbHD ,has 4 HD channels with all kind of genres of all movies and 2 other HD channels to watch 5 major soccer leagues in Europe +Champions League+Europa League.

They use a KAON receiver i think.

Anyway Zach ,you were sayin above that if i buy a module and add the card which is needed to decrypt the channels i can have Digitalb in my room too?(of course Not HD ,just a terrestrial decoder incorporated)

Zach

To clarify.. when I was talking about a receiver, I meant a home theater receiver. So you have tons of input options and can output it all to the TV with pretty much one connection. And then select your input source on the receiver.. (So you can switch between watching a DVD, or displaying your PC's TV-out for emulation, your cable TV box, etc)

HD cable receivers don't tend (if at all) to have extra input options or stuff like that..

Not sure about the rest of your question regarding "adding a card".. There are TV tuners that accept digital inputs /HD as well, but you probably still have to have it authorized by your cable company (if thats even possible) so it can properly decrypt the signal.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am afraid you re right ,i ask Digitalb and even with a SymLink connection they still cannot make their channels to be decrypted via my TV.

I havent thought about hometheater.Tell me more as i dont know a damn thing about these,although i have heard a lot of people talking about it and the great thing is MY SONY has a great option for home theater.

Zach

A Home theater receiver is basically just a central hub for all your various entertainment devices..

They form the backbone of most entertainment centers. As you might have guessed your receiver outputs sound to speakers, and they are usuall sold seperately and very expensive because of this. Although once in a while you might find a decent HT kit w/receiver and 5.1 speaker setup for around $1000 USD.

Basically a home theater receiver, depending on the model, can have various input sources, and serves as the sole output for any one of those sources. So you only need one connection to the TV - the receiver to the TV.

Receivers can have various inputs for standard RCA Stereo plugs so you can hook up a multidisc player or other device that has stereo RCA outputs.

The receiver usually handles the audio and outputs that directly to its speakers, while passing the video through to the TV via Composite (Single yellow RCA), Component (R/G/B RCA) or HDMI. Some receivers will pass-thru HDMI-audio but not alll.

Depending on brand and price range, it can support numerous input sources, or only one or two. My brother has a rather expensive receiver with many inputs, including 7.1 channel RCA (i.e I could hook up my Sound Blaster X-fi to his receiver, with the Creative Home Theater cable I own.. it takes the standard 3 jacks for the computer on one end, and has tons of RCA plugs on the other, for up to 7.1 sound output) he also has Coaxial (S/PDIF) digital input, as well as fiber optic (TOSLink) input. As well as a mono-RCA jack to send bass to a independently powered subwoofer.

And you usually just select input sources with the remote, or buttons on the unit, just like selecting an input on your TV. So he can watch a DVD, or switch the source to his HD cable box, or to his HDMI PC output to play a game on his TV, etc..

Here is an example of an inexpensive receiver

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120130

and pictures of what the connection options are

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...YO 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver TX-SR307

Here is my brothers receiver. 1050W (150Wx7 channels)

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1017TXV-K-Satellite-7-Channel-Receiver/dp/B000TDZCOM

The pictures are small but as you can see its LOADED with connections.
(bolded by me)

Pioneer-Exclusive Innovations

Phase Control (Bass Management System ensures precision low frequency output)
Sound Retriever for improved Sound Quality of compressed Music Files
Advanced MCACC Setup with 5-band EQ
Advanced Direct Energy Power Amplifier
Front Stage Surround Advance

Features For Superior Sound Quality

Equal High Power for all Seven channels (150 Watts x 7, 1 kHz, 1.0 % THD, 6 ohms)
New Freescale 180MiPS Processing DSP
XM HD Surround Powered by Neural Audio?
192 kHz/24-bit DAC

Surround Sound Technologies

THX? Select 2 Certified
Built-in DTS-ES?/DTS? 96/24/DTS? NEO:6/ Dolby? Digital/ Dolby? Digital EX/ Dolby? Pro Logic IIX Decoders
WMA9 Pro Decoder
Advanced Surround (14 Modes, including Front Stage Surround advance)

Enhanced Convenience

* iPod Ready with OSD
* XM Satellite Radio Ready with OSD
* Sirius Satellite Ready with OSD
* Pre-programmed LCD Remote Control Unit
* Digital Video Converter (up to Component)
* Sound Delay

Terminals

* HDMI Video Switching
* 7.1-channel input
* 6 Digital Inputs (2 Coaxial, 4 Optical) and 1 Digital Output
* Component Video Terminal (3 inputs, 1 output)
* Front A/V inputs with Optical Digital Input
* Audio (Tuner included)/Video inputs: 3A/5AV
* Audio/Video outputs: 1A/2AV + 1V
* SR+ Terminal Out
* Large Speaker Terminals (FL/FR/C/SR/SL/SBR/SBL)

Specifications

* Power requirements: AC 120 V/60 Hz
* Power consumption: 490 Watts
* Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 Watts
* Dimensions (W x H x D):16-9/16 x 6-13/16 x 18-15/16 inches (420 x 173 x 465 mm)
* Weight: 33 lbs. (15 kg)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well its cool and i searched a little bit,anyway its too expensive for what i want to do ,i just want a lot of HD channels ,and i will go for DREAMBOX ,by connecting it to internet a friend of mine told me this receiver is great for SKYHD,DIGITALB HD ,SUPERSPORT HD etc. He will set it up for me.

Anyway thanks for the info Zach.

Zach

np.

If you ever decide to get a receiver in the future, make sure you do some research and ask questions. don't just run out and buy something expensive if you can get a good unit for less.