CRT TV

rasputin

so i made my way to the new second hand shop and had my pick of about 20 CRT televisions to be used for tv-out with a vga-scart cable.
to my horror not a single one supported PAL 60 (60hz), some of the newer models didnt even have an RGB scart!

can any UK residents advise me on some TV models that i can look out for that support 60hz, its a feature called 'PAL 60' i believe

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Have you looked in to a converter, like the CMD 660 ( maybe a bit of an over kill)?

rasputin

thanks for the advice, but i did find one, it wasn't obvious that it supported ntsc, i had to look it up. its a sony kv-21LS30U.
i do have an issue however. when i use a geforce gtx 260 with latest drivers the image on the tv-out is zoomed in, like the video mode option (for low resolutions). but i can't set the image to how it should be.... any advice?

rasputin

yeah i set it to those resolutions. the display is slightly zoomed, just like the "video mode option (for low resolutions)" that ATI offers, dont know if nvidia has the same feature so don't know how to turn it off

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes NV does and this occurs when you run a res to a device that is too big, thus why I asked. My only other guess is the out put signal is wrong, though I doubt this is the problem. Have you check to make sure its sending ntsc-m or pal-m or what ever you need to be sending?

rasputin

the image remains zoomed in all resolutions supported by the tv, wether using ntsc-m or pal-m signal.... i can't find any setting to turn the feature off in NV control panel....

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
This feature you speak of is here

zoom.JPG

but I'm 99.9 % sure its not on. Its doing this because it thinks its too big for the out put, could be a driver issue, could be a compatibility issue or if you have Vista that could be the issue. I dont know the NV driver well enough to help you and I dont think your asking in the right place, try the NVidia forum?

Last edited:

rasputin

i'm using latest nvidia drivers and none of these options are there in advanced mode!
which version drivers do you use?

rasputin

well it isn't turned on... no idea what to do now.
the screen is fine when using my radeon 9250, but the control centre options suck big time