Archon on WinUAE

jono_747

Hi, first and foremost, I'm running XP sp2 on a core 2 duo E6600.
I've tried to get the amiga version of archon running on WinUAE with no success. I get software failure with guru meditation error with all kickstarts. I know there are other versions of archon out there that work (NES, C64 etc) but I think the amiga version was the best and would like to get it to work if there is a way. I've read articles on the web concerning WHDload and workbench and making a harddrive version of the games and etc but all it does is confuse me. I downloaded WHDLoad and i can't seem to install it, the install file has no extension and I'm getting the suspicious feeling it's not meant for windows xp?

If anyone knows a simple to follow guide to how one could get this working, either through WinUAE, or winFellows (which i've tried and got the same error message as well) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try using the Lemonade Front-End available from the Lemon Amiga fansite. Apart from providing a handy MameUI type list of your Amiga games it also offers pre-configured 1 click launching of all the games meaning you don't need to create hundreds of different config files each time you want to play something.