Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence

Damnation02

Thats great.
So now you are running the CD. I will make it simpler for you.
Set you CDdvdRom Plugin to Gigaherz DVD Plugin. Click on Configure and select your drive where you have placed the CD.
After thats done, close the emulator.

If you have made a backup copy then, try mounting the Game image with UltraISO and configure the source drive and then try running the game.

Half of this is japanese to me, but i'll try.:D

One more question, which version should i dl(Gigahertz)?All i found is a WIP that might not be able to run games.

never mind, got it.

Last edited:

Damnation02

Nothing.Still get the "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 Format Disc".....

Sure is a lot of bother to make one damn game run....

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
UltraISO and Magic ISO are good for mounting.

Thats suprising. Try changing your BIOS to something else.

Also try running any other PS2 game and lets see what it shows.

Damnation02

Thats great.
So now you are running the CD. I will make it simpler for you.
Set you CDdvdRom Plugin to Gigaherz DVD Plugin. Click on Configure and select your drive where you have placed the CD.

If you have made a backup copy then, try mounting the Game image with UltraISO and configure the source drive and then try running the game.

Can someone explain step by step from here?

I am slowly going crazy.I need to download and mix billions of f***ing things, and the game won't even start....

What disc?This is an iso file that won't run...

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Ok. Now confirm that your configuration is exactly as same as mine.
pcsx2config.jpg

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Click on Configure of the graphics plugin and make sure that these are ticked.
1. Native (1024x1024).
2. Wait-Sync.
3. NLOOP Hack (Half-Ticked - Grey Background).
4. Lograthmic-Z.
5. Alpha Correction.
6. Texture Filtering (If you have fast computer).

Select your Renderer: D3D9 (Hardware).
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Aspect Ratio: 4:3

Try running the game now.

Damnation02

Click on Configure of the graphics plugin and make sure that these are ticked.
1. Native (1024x1024).
2. Wait-Sync.
3. NLOOP Hack (Half-Ticked - Grey Background).
4. Lograthmic-Z.
5. Alpha Correction.
6. Texture Filtering (If you have fast computer).

Select your Renderer: D3D9 (Hardware).
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Aspect Ratio: 4:3

Try running the game now.

Dude, what i meant with step be step was this:
"Set you CDdvdRom Plugin to Gigaherz DVD Plugin. Click on Configure and select your drive where you have placed the CD.

If you have made a backup copy then, try mounting the Game image with UltraISO and configure the source drive and then try running the game."-step by step from there.The guide was useful, i have trouble from this part.Thank you for wanting to do the whole thing, but really i need help starting from that part.:eek:

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
I'm sorry for misleading you but atleast you have the best configs to run the game now. :)
Okay this is the final part. Click on Configure of the CD/DVD Plugin. Select your source drive as the one you have mounted the game image with UltraISO.
I had problems mounting with MagicISO. It did not run. Try it now and then try running the emulator.

Damnation02

I'm sorry for misleading you but atleast you have the best configs to run the game now. :)
Okay this is the final part. Click on Configure of the CD/DVD Plugin. Select your source drive as the one you have mounted the game image with UltraISO.
I had problems mounting with MagicISO. It did not run. Try it now and then try running the emulator.

Mounted with UltraISO,(j) Configured Gigahertz put it on j, run CD/DVD and...."Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 Format Disc".....*headbutt's the keyboard*....

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
This error comes most of the time when it does not match with your BIOS. Have you tried with another BIOS?

Damnation02

This error comes most of the time when it does not match with your BIOS. Have you tried with another BIOS?

No, but it says, the game is a USA game, and i have the USA bios in, the only other bioses are EU and JAPAN, won't the game have trouble running on them?